Question: Unusual phallic tilt?

graz1 - Sat Jul 07, 2007 3:56 am

Hello, I am a 20 year old male, healthy and without sexual complications.
However, I do have a certain degree of tilt to my penis and wonder if this is normal.

This tilt is present both when erect and when flaccid. The tilt is present at the base of the penis, the penis does not 'twist' along its length.
I would best describe the axis of tilt as holding out an arm in front of you and rotating the shoulder so the palm faces down. The tilt is roughly 35 degrees.

Is there anything I can do to correct this tilt? While it does not cause pain or impede my sexual functioning I'm quite self conscious over the issue.

Thanks so much for your time!
Guy.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sat Jul 07, 2007 2:32 pm

User avatar I'm having a little difficulty understanding the exact tilt you are describing.

However, in general, as long as functioning is not impaired it is usually safest not to try to correct penile curvature. The surgeries can result in complications including loss of functioning. The risks generally outweigh the benefit in these cases.

If you want to pursue this more I would recommend that you see a urologist for evaluation.

graz1 - Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:07 am

Its not a curvature - the tilt originates at the base of the penis - its as though the penis is laying on its side, along the same axis as a rolled over semi. The mark from my circumcision (that is located on the bottom of the head) is rotated on the side. I haven't heard of this, and am wondering if this condition is common and if some degree of rotation is normal. I'm also wondering if its correctable.
Hope I helped clarify - thanks again.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:11 pm

User avatar You may want to see a urologist. It is very likely this condition is correctable with surgery. The question is do you want to go through with the surgery.

Talking with the urologist will give you all the risks/benefits to make an informed decision.