Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: Dark Spot (bruise like) on penis glans

Binkun - Sun Jul 08, 2007 3:41 am

Several months ago I noticed a small dark spot that perfectly resembles a bruise on the glans. Its dark gray, and about the size of a dime. Its painless and I've experienced no negative symptoms of any kind.

However, it has not changed (not better or worse) in the months since I noticed it, so I highly doubt its a bruise of any sort. I am sexually active but I've read that no STD resembles a bruise. My partner has recently been tested for STD's and it came back negative. She's my first, so unless I got it some other way, I should be STD free as well.

I'm hoping its just pigmentation but I'm scared to death that it could be penile cancer since the research I've been doing seems to point in that direction.

I've made a doctor's appointment but its a week or so away. Anyone have any insight into this?
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:46 pm

User avatar More than likely you are seeing an area of increased pigmentation. However, it is a good idea to have the area examined just to be sure it isn't a skin cancer (which is less likely).

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us