Question: Dark Spot (bruise like) on penis glans

Binkun - Sun Jul 08, 2007 3:41 am

Several months ago I noticed a small dark spot that perfectly resembles a bruise on the glans. Its dark gray, and about the size of a dime. Its painless and I've experienced no negative symptoms of any kind.

However, it has not changed (not better or worse) in the months since I noticed it, so I highly doubt its a bruise of any sort. I am sexually active but I've read that no STD resembles a bruise. My partner has recently been tested for STD's and it came back negative. She's my first, so unless I got it some other way, I should be STD free as well.

I'm hoping its just pigmentation but I'm scared to death that it could be penile cancer since the research I've been doing seems to point in that direction.

I've made a doctor's appointment but its a week or so away. Anyone have any insight into this?
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:46 pm

User avatar More than likely you are seeing an area of increased pigmentation. However, it is a good idea to have the area examined just to be sure it isn't a skin cancer (which is less likely).