Doctors Lounge - Fertility Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Fertility Answers List

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: Very itchy red rash on penis

pacemaker - Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:45 pm

Age 44 and male. After sex with partner of three years (female), I now have a very itchy red rash on the tip of my penis and surrounding areas. My partner now has the same symptons. Any ideas please of what to do?
Thank you.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:50 pm

User avatar I would be suspicious of a fungal (yeast) infection. Most commonly, women are symptomatic and men are often not; however, men can develop symptoms as you are describing.

If STD's are of any possibility I would recommend you both be screened just to be sure. These infections can have significant consequences if not treated.

Best wishes.
 pacemaker - Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:03 pm

fungal (yeast) infection. What is the first thing I should do to help problem? Or clear problem?

Obviously I will be heading to the Docs as well.
Cheers
 highlander005 - Sun Dec 09, 2007 1:01 am

I am 18, I have been masturbating since I 12. And in the last 4 or 5 months every time i masturbate. My Penis gets real red, and is very very itchy. It stay like this for up to 3 hours. What do I need to do about this?

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us