Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: Irritation by Opening of Penis

 Hello187 - Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:37 am

Hello, I am 15 years old and I am male. One night when I was going to the bathroom I felt a sharp sting and I noticed that by the opening of my penis was a bump, not hard but more of an irritation. I told my parents and we went to see a doctor who said it was a rash and to use Penaten or Vaseline to get rid of it. Bad news is it didn't work and my doctor took medical leave because of his heart. He has been gone for a year and a bit and my family finally got a new doctor who I'm not comfortable with. I have had this irritation for 2 and a half years and it never got any worse. I have only started using Penaten and skin creams these past 2 weeks to no effect. The Penaten seems to make the irritation go down but then it returns to normal later. I do in fact masturbate. The only problem was that when I started I masturbated with soap. Thus I have irritations on my penis that will heal with time since I moved to hand lotion. I know the irritation wasn't caused by masturbation because I wasn't masturbating much when it appeared. The reason why I am not consulting my parents is because:

1: I have healing irritations from masturbation I don't want to show.

2: They'll get horribly mad at me if they know I still have this problem.

I've prayed and done anything I can by myself. Please, can anyone help me? This is causing such distress.
 Hello187 - Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:41 am

I forgot to state that I am circumsised.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us