Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: penis injury?

 tommy1974 - Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:52 pm


I am a 33 yo heterosexual male. In December, I had a series of sexual encounters with a women with questionalbe sexual past. I was working in Afghanistan and she was also(She was American and turned out to be a complete fraud). I had unprotected vaginal intercourse with her approximately 5 times. During the last encounter, she was incredibly dry and I was quite forceful and continued. I heard a popping sound but did not feel any pain. Roughly 7 days later, I noticed three small bright red dots in a triangle on the top part of the shaft and a small red patch. I went to a clinic in Kabul(German doctor) and was told it was herpes. Took a urine test and they said I had chlamydia. Took antibiotics for the chlamydia. The red spots and patches started to spread. They were not painful. About two weeks after the exposure, a cut or painless ulcer opened up at the site of the red patch which healed about three days later, leaving a scar. One week later, I had a clear discharge which had a strong odor; lasted for 4 days. Urine test was clear. Went to a hospital in Dubai. Tested for every STD and subsequently treated, as a precaution for syphillis, ghonnorea, chlamydia, trich although I did not have anything-including herpes. The redness persisted in the original areas but dulled and spread out. There was never any open painful ulcers.

5 months later- The redness is very faint in the upper shaft but the top 1/3 of my shaft is significantly smaller and has excessive amounts of foreskin when flaccid. Been to urologists and they say there is nothing wrong. However, they did not see my penis prior to "this injury". Can barely keep an erection; when I do, the top of my penis is bright red where the bottom is normal color.

I beleived that I have traumatized the cells in the top part of my penis during the rough intercourse that I had or there is some type of stubborn skin infection that is causing the change in size and pigmentation of the area. I need to find closure on this. My sex life is ruined and I have not been with a woman since this incident. It is destroying my confidence and self esteem. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:00 pm

User avatar I would recommend you seek a second opinion from a urologist as they are the specialists. You may have had some nerve damage from the trauma. Being tested and treated for STD's was appropriate.

Unfortunately, with the limitations of the internet I really can't be of much more help in figuring out what is going on. My best advise is to pursue this with your doctor.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us