Doctors Lounge - Fertility Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Fertility Answers List

Forum Name: Female Sexual Disorders

Question: Bleeding after orgasm

vlgirl - Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:41 am

Hi i am a 19yo girl, I have been on Depo Provera since i was 16. It was good for ages, no problems just occasional spotting which the GP said was normal.
In the last 2-3 months everytime i orgasm be it sex or masturbation with no penetration there is bleeding afterwards, not alot, but after sex can get really messy
Help! its ruining my sex life!

I went to the GP a month ago and they said it could just be a normal reaction, they did a smear test and the results were clear.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:59 pm

User avatar I would recommend an additional visit with your doctor, perhaps gynecologist. It's always a good idea to check out causes of abnormal bleeding just to be sure.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us