Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Female Sexual Disorders

Question: Bumps between anal and vagina

 torian - Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:28 am

Hi, I am 18 years old, and a Female. I am happily with my boyfriend and we have had intercorse. He was a virgin, however I was not. I have had sexal partners with past boyfriends, but they were all clean. So I am clean too. My boyfriend is a virgin so he's clean too. Now here's the question: I have these bumps near my vagina, and between my vagina and anal. They are very tender and sore when I touch or wipe after using the restroom. Other than that they do not bother me at all. At first I thought it was because when we had intercorse it got too crazy and he ripped me a little, but that's fine. It happens. However, after a couple of days I realized that I got these 3 bumps. They do not itch, nor is there any odor. It just worries me and it just makes me confused of what it is.

In addition, in the past I did have a UTI (urinary tract-infection) from my past boyfriend. Did not go to a doctor but realized it was because I was not being very clean.

Do you think the bumps could be from not washing right after intercorse? Or could it be from not wiping the correct way (front to back) after urinating. Maybe because it was dirty? (sigh)
Please if anyone could help me on some advice that would be great. Thank you very much~

BTW (by the way) -no surgeries, and not on any medication, no birth control or anything like that.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:50 pm

User avatar I can't say for sure what this is but it would warrant a visit to the doctor. There are a number of sexually transmitted diseases, so even if you don't think you have contracted anything through sexual encounters in the past, there is always a slight possibility. If this is the case, it is important to get the correct diagnosis and treatment which can only come through an actual exam. Good luck.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us