Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: what do you look for in ultrasound scan

 sdeacon - Fri Aug 06, 2004 6:55 am

I have recently been for an ultrasound scan after which the consultant said my testicles were normal.
However after leaving i looked at the pictures i noticed one of the testicles profiles showed a bump. I have been told they don't look for the actual shape of the testacle but for actual different shades o grey in the scan.
is this the case - there was no change in the shading in the area i refer to
 Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Fri Aug 06, 2004 9:56 am

User avatar Dear Simon,

The reply posted to other message.

Thanks for using

Yasser Mokhtar, M.D.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us