Question: Rash on Scrotum Sack

Dude673 - Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:11 am

Hello, im a 19 year old male

A couple days ago i noticed some dark redish bumps
on my scrotum sack, its itchy and sort of looks like posion ivy but ive been no where to get posion ivy.

The rash is on the left testicle side, and some but not as bad on my right, i have a cyst on my left testicle that im going the 24th to have looked at by a Urologist. Ive had the cyst for about 2 months now.

Ive had the rash for about 3 days now, i recently started taking Antibiotics for a sinus infection, Their called Amoxicillin. I take two 250 mg capsules 3 times a day, i started taking them 4 days ago.

The area thats the worst is right where the cyst is the skin looks swollen, the cyst is under the skin.

I havent had any sex or anything still a virgin

any ideas?
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:29 pm

User avatar There are a few possibilities. One is that there is some irritation from excess moisture.

The more concerning thing would be an infection of the skin and/or the cyst. Being on amoxicillin covers some of the likely bacteria but it does not cover staph that well. Staph is a well known cause of skin infections.

Becuase of the possibility of an infection I would recommend you see your doctor for an evaluation. You may need to change antibiotics to one that covers a few more bacteria.