Doctors Lounge - Fertility Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Fertility Answers List

Forum Name: Fertility

Question: I cant seem to fall pregnant

lil one - Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:24 pm

Hi there, i am a 19 year old female, I was on the jab for roughly 2 years, i went off it over a year ago but am still having problems getting pregnant. Also my period is irregular and roughly 2 weeks apart and are very light (more like spotting).

I had a std cheek 2 months ago and all come back clear, my partner was also tested and he was all ok as well.

I have had clamidia twice but not for very long periods of time.

Do i need to wait longer for the effects of the jab to were off or is there possibly something wrong?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:51 pm

User avatar I'm sorry but I am not familiar with the "jab." I assume it is hormonal birth control of some type. Typically a fertile, sexually active woman in your age range would expect to be pregnant within about a year of actively trying but it could certainly take a little longer without raising red flags. If you were on hormonal contraceptives, that can delay fertility a bit. At any rate I would expect you to become pregnant fairly soon. If not, you may wish to visit your gynecologist for evaluation. Good luck.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us