Doctors Lounge - Fertility Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Fertility Answers List

Forum Name: Female Sexual Disorders

Question: Did cyst cause low sex drive?

questions1 - Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:08 am

I am a 20 year old female who recently had a cyst removal. It was not on the ovary, but rather on my face. It had been growing in the past year and had become incredibly large and very swollen looking. The surgery was over two hours and very serious. During the time it had been growing I had no sex drive and found this odd for only being 20. But since it's removal my libido has gone completley back to normal. I have had the same sexual parter for the last 3 years so there was no change in that. Did the cyst have anything to do with my lack of sex drive?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:48 pm

User avatar I can't think of any reason this might affect sex drive. People do experience a range of desire, however, so I would expect it is just normal fluctuation, possibly hormone-related.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us