Doctors Lounge - Fertility Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Fertility Answers List

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: undescended testicle?

npe97 - Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:49 pm

im a 26 yr old male who has noticed over the past years, but moreso of late, that my left testicle is very high up compared to my right.

based on what i can tell, this is not an undescended testicle (as it is visible at all times) and i know that it is common for uneveness in testicle heights, however this is of concern to me because the testicle is so high up that it is practically sitting on the base of the penis.

at times, when the scrotum is 'loose', both testicles are low, however the left still sits very high. its as if the left is being held by a shorter 'cord' if you will

anyone have any idea what this could be? thanking you in advance for any answers you may have for me.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:27 pm

User avatar Hi Npe97,

You are correct that this would not be considered an undescended testis since it is actually in the scrotum. As such, it does not carry the increased risk of cancer, etc. that a true undescended testis does.

It is likely that this is normal. If you would like to have it evaluated to be sure, either your primary care doctor or a urologist would be a good place to start.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us