Question: red and white lump under foreskin where the foerskin connect

mossy - Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:00 am

i am a 29 year old male, currently on no medication normally fit and healthy. i came out of a 6 year relation and in the year and a half since the seperation i have had 4 sexual partners. I just got back with my ex-girlfriend and we were going to start are relationship up again, we had sexual intercourse and the next day wfen taking a bath, i pulled my foreskin back to clean it and noticed a large (3/4cm) round/oval red and white pertruding lump that it bulberous not tight and is not sore, i had to tell her my sexual past and she has informed me that she has not been with anyone else sexually since our speration, so is this likey to be and std? and is she now at risk of catching it from me? i`ve looked through alot of picture on the internet and none match my lump, as the sores that i`ve seen on those sites, the wound goes in and dips but mine is a lump of discoloured loose skin, with red and white boulberous lumps on it. any ideas on what it may be and what the chances are of it being infectious, i have never suffered any problems like this before but then again thats becauce i was in a long term relationship, and its since i`ve been single that i`ve had a few one nights stands, this is a strain that i really could do without as i`m keen to get back with my long-term partner and this wasn`t teh best welcome home gift i could have possible given to her. please help if you can.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sat Aug 04, 2007 2:14 am

User avatar Hi Mossy,

Your description doesn't particularly sound like an STD, with the exception of possible a syphilis sore or a genital wart.

I would recommend you be tested for STD's if there is any possibility since they do not always cause symptoms and can have some long term complications if not treated. In addition, they are transmittable.

The area may also be simply an area of irritated skin.

I would recommend you see your doctor for testing and an evaluation to see what this lump may be. As a note, if the lump goes away this does not mean that it is not an STD. Testing is still recommended.