Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Female Sexual Disorders

Question: Unbearable pain during sex cause by recent pap smear

Coveredinrain22 - Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:46 am

I'm 18, and i had my first pap smear a week ago. The lady performing it seemed somewhat inexperienced, and the second she put it in it pinched all the way up my vagina, and it hurt so bad I couldn't stop crying. I had sex yesterday, the first time since my pap and the pain was immense!! Afterward, i could barely pee it hurt so bad. Could this be from the pap? Could she have torn the walls?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:36 pm

User avatar If there was some trauma I would expect that you would have some bleeding so I really don't know what is causing your pain. I would give it a rest for healing purposes and if it doesn't improve, see your doctor again. Good luck.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us