Forum Name: Female Sexual Disorders

Question: Unbearable pain during sex cause by recent pap smear

Coveredinrain22 - Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:46 am

I'm 18, and i had my first pap smear a week ago. The lady performing it seemed somewhat inexperienced, and the second she put it in it pinched all the way up my vagina, and it hurt so bad I couldn't stop crying. I had sex yesterday, the first time since my pap and the pain was immense!! Afterward, i could barely pee it hurt so bad. Could this be from the pap? Could she have torn the walls?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:36 pm

User avatar If there was some trauma I would expect that you would have some bleeding so I really don't know what is causing your pain. I would give it a rest for healing purposes and if it doesn't improve, see your doctor again. Good luck.