Forum Name: Fertility

Question: heavly masturbation

mrcraigmack - Sat Jul 28, 2007 5:22 pm

i have been masterbating since i was 13 and on a daily basis to. now that im 18 i want 2 get my wife pregnant but cant. ive tried pleanty of times so do you think it can be due to my addiction
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sun Jul 29, 2007 1:26 am

User avatar It could have a bearing. If your sperm count happens to be low, it is usually recommended by fertility specialists that you wait a day between sexual intercourse for optimal success. They often recommend every other day sexual relations with your wife. If sperm count is good, daily would be OK, but Masturbation would be of no benefit anyway so if you can stop, that might help.

Also, it can normally take up to about a year of trying for pregnancy to be achieved so be patient.