Forum Name: Female Sexual Disorders

Question: Painful sex

babycakes19 - Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:29 am

I am a 19 year old female and for the past 4 years i have been in a relationship. For the past 2 years it has been unbearable for me to have intercourse with my boyfriend. We had split up because i found out he had slept with someone else. When we got back together sex was extremely painful. I have went to the doctors twice and got tested for STD's but have been giving the all clear on both occasions but had thrush the second time i had gone. I was given a tablet by the doctor to clear the thrush but intercourse is still painful.

The pain starts when the tip of the penis enters the vagina. It is too painful for the penis to actually go inside the vagina. It is also painful for finger/s to go inside the vagina.

Could you please give me some information on what this could be as i am very worried.
Thanks!
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sun Jul 29, 2007 8:40 pm

User avatar It could be vaginismus, an involuntary spasm of the muscles surrounding the vagina. The spasms close the vagina and make intercourse painful or impossible. Other possibilities could be bacterial or fungal infections, as you have already experienced.

You should see your gynecologist again.