Forum Name: Fertility

Question: Trying to get pregnant

jmb - Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:41 pm

I am a 30 yr old female. I have irregular periods and have to take aygestin to have a period. I was wondering if I can get pregnant while taking these pills, and if not what can I do? I only take the pills 10 days out of the month.

My husband and I do not use protection and I have still not gotten pregnant.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Aug 06, 2007 6:36 pm

User avatar I would discuss this with your doctor because you should not take the drug when pregnant. He or she may be able to advise you about the risks but my sources advise against it. You may also benefit from an evaluation for infertility. Good luck.
 jmb - Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:48 am

thank you
 Debbie Miller, RN - Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:24 pm

User avatar You're welcome. Best wishes in your future.
 Heavenly102284 - Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:48 pm

Hi... I am a 23 year old female and I am trying to get pregnant. My husband was just diagnosed with type 2 diabetes but the doctor said that it has just started and it is not bad. He is on pills for it. I was wondering if his diabetes would interfere with us trying to concieve and what we should do. Is it too late to concieve? Please give me some advice.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:57 pm

User avatar This is a subject that is still in debate. There is some speculation that diabetes could affect sperm, mobility of sperm, ejaculation and other areas related to fertility but there needs to be much more study before anyone is prepared make any definitive statement on this.

Undoubtedly, uncontrolled diabetes would be the most likely to cause issues related to sexuality and fertility so keeping the blood sugars in good control and managing the disease should definitely improve your odds here.