Forum Name: Fertility

Question: doctor hasnt told me whats wrong

shobo - Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:38 am

Hi im a 21 year old female and already have two children. I had the implanon taken out on 10th april 2007 and we have been trying to concieve. I had a period 2 weeks after it was taken out and it has been regular. My last period was on 23rd june and it is now 11th August. I have been gettin cramps, feeling sick, going to the toilet more often, dizzy and very tired. I went to the doctors for a pregnancy test(came back negative) and sent off urine sample to hospital. I recieved the results the other day and the doctor said that the results are suspicious and ask for another sample to be sent off. Im abit worried about what is going on could you help.(I am not on any meds)( Mother and Aunty have PCSO and no surgerie history)[/b]
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sat Aug 11, 2007 2:54 pm

User avatar I couldn't venture a guess about what the doctor meant by "suspicious" unless it is a urine culture that might still grow something out even though it didn't show up initially on the urinalysis. It is best to culture in this situation. Lab errors or sample problems can also skew results so perhaps the doctor is being vigilant about this.

There is always the possibility of simple menstrual irregularity. Even though some people can set their calendars by their regular periods, there are almost always exceptions at times. Even your mental state can alter your period. It's good that the doctor is evaluating further. There is even the possibility of pregnancy that does not show up on a pregnancy test, though this is unusual. You could be dealing with completely unrelated health concerns here. So, the complete evaluation with your doctor is the best route.