Forum Name: Female Sexual Disorders

Question: Terrible pain after sex, period problems

nescrew - Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:20 am

I am 18, I have been having sex for about a year now. For the past few months I have been having this horrible pain in my vagina, that pretty much leads me to tears. It feels like my insides are being ripped apart and it happens every time after sex.

I have considered that I have endo, because of some of the other problems I have. Such as period pain. I understand that all girls have pain while on their period. But mine is severe. It feels like I am being stabbed multiple times and advil/midol/tylenol/birth control do not help me at all. I can't sleep when I am on my period or walk. I get so faint that I almost pass out. I believe I read in a topic that endo can cause pain after/during sex, that's why I also brought up my period.

My mom tells me that I can't have endo, so maybe it's not that. But why am I having so much pain?

I am about to start my period any day...should of actually started already. I have had cramps for three days in a row and my breasts hurt, there's no sign of blood though. I usually have cramps for one day that aren't too bad about four days before my period.

I also discharge a lot. If I run I do...it gets really annoying. Or after I urinate...I can't leave the bathroom for a few minutes, because I know it's coming.

Advice please<33
Sorry, this is so long.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sat Aug 11, 2007 2:45 pm

I am not sure why your mother feels this could not be endometriosis. It seems like a possibility to me. Since you are now 18 and sexually active, I would recommend a complete gynecological exam and the doctor should be able to give you answers if you will be completely open about your symptoms. You should definitely not be having this much pain and discomfort. Your body is trying to tell you something.

nescrew - Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:52 pm

Debbie Miller, RN wrote:Hi,

I think it's because no one else has problems. Everyone is period pain free...

Well, thank you so much for advice I appreciate it a lot.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:22 pm

User avatar You are welcome. Good luck with this.