Forum Name: Female Sexual Disorders

Question: A Fingernail Cut my Anus?

MadcityKaity - Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:35 pm

Hello fellow worry worts... I'm a 21 year old female who has dabbled into anal stimulation every now and then; anal sex maybe 5 times. The other night my boyfriend inserted his thumb in my anus without much lube and did his thing. When he took it out afterward there was some slight blood. Not enough to be worried of a polyp or "roid" of anything of that nature. So I looked at his nails and sure enough... they were a little longer than he normally keeps them and the edge of his thumbnail was semi-sharp. Certainly sharp enough to scrape my hand... i tried. So I just wiped the blood and went to sleep. Although I woke in the morning to it still there. I passed a small B.M. and when I went to wipe there was a very large amount of blood in the toilet! Not fun to see when you AREN'T on your period. So I wiped and dabbed my anus to see if it was localized or actually inside me. Sure enough- just like when you pick a scab, it bleeds a little. But I think since the anus has to stretch to relieve a B.M. it stretches the cut, and releases blood at a higher volume cause of pressure. Just applying common sense. I did a self check and I sure enough have a little 1/10 of an inch knick on my anus. The only question I have is about infection possibilities, and how long it's going to take to heal assuming I take a B.M. every day or two? Basically it feels like I knicked my knee shaving and it stings every now and then.

Help me. Blood is only a good thing in the toilet when you're menstrating!
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:57 pm

User avatar Blood like this can be deceptive as far as quantity and can look like more than you are actually losing so don't worry too much about this, particularly following a difficult bowel movement.

It is important that you allow your body to heal and do what you can to avoid constipation. I would advise sitz baths, stool softener, increased water consumption and adding fiber to your diet. Exercise can also help because it increases blood flow and promotes healing. Also avoid other anal sex activities while you are healing. You can also use a medicated cream such as Anusol, Preparation H or Cortaid. It will probably be much better within two weeks. If it lasts longer you should see your doctor in case it is something else besides a simple laceration. Also, if you experience any signs of infection such as increasing pain, unusual discharge, fever, etc.
 MadcityKaity - Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:51 pm

Thanks a ton. I wasn't that terribly worried, but answers always calm the soul. It feels alot better 2 days after the fact, so hopefully the end is near!? Thanks for the quick answer!
 Debbie Miller, RN - Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:22 pm

User avatar You are welcome.