Forum Name: Fertility

Question: infertility

renee57 - Tue Aug 17, 2004 11:21 am

I am having trouble getting pregnant. I am 46 and have had 2 etopic preganacies- one in'88 and 1 in '99. Since then I have 2 daughters born in 94 and 97. After the last etopic the doctor told me we would never have any children, but we did. I have had irregular periods for the past 2 years. Do you think I'm finished?
 Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Tue Aug 17, 2004 10:33 pm

User avatar Dear Renee,

Did you mean '89 the 2nd time you had an ectopic?

i guess you are hitting that age. There is a blood test that would tell if you really reached menopause. It is a hormone level in the blood. It is called fsh level in the blood. If it is high, this means that you have reached menopause.

If you want to have kids at this age, you have to go to your infertility doctor asap to have this test done and decide whether there still is a chance or not.

Thank you very much for using our website https://doctorslounge.com and i hope that this information helped.