Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Fertility

Question: penis vain

 mrcraigmack - Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:40 pm

i masterbate alot and when i say alot i mean since i was 13 now im 19. but i have noticed this vain in my penis it is the biggest one and you can totally see it, is this a bad tg\his or is it cause i masterbate alot and im abusing it? the vain is thick and it ends at the tip of my penis i think its the one sperm travels through
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:13 pm

User avatar Hi Mrcraigmack,

I suspect the vein you are referring to is the one on top of the penis. It is normal for this vein to be large. It drains much of the blood flow to the penis.

Semen does not travel down this vein. Semen passes through the urethra that travels through the center of the penile tissue.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us