Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Fertility

Question: Unusual Bleeding Pregnant?

lizzbit123 - Sat Sep 01, 2007 3:13 pm

1. 20
2. female
3. none
4. hernia when i was 2 years old
5. none
6. zyrtec for allergies and lutera BC pills

I have been on birth control for several years. My period was suppose to have started on Thursday, August 30th. But I began having light bleeding (spotting) 1 week straight before my period was due on Aug. 30th. And the bleeding lasted until 2 days past my period, meaning the bleeding stopped sept. 1st. (the 3rd day of when my period was suppose to be going). In other words, my period lasted 2 days but i had been bleeding beginning 1 week before. Im confused, does this mean i could be pregnant. me and my boyfriend don't use condums but im just on birth control because we've been together 4years.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:32 am

User avatar If you are taking your birth control pills faithfully, there is only a slim chance of pregnancy, but since no method is 100% reliable (except abstinence) there is always the chance when you are sexually active and fertile.

You could experience a light period if not pregnant, due to hormonal fluctuations. You could also be pregnant with some implantation bleeding so a pregnancy test would be a reasonable thing to do and it might just give you the peace of mind you are looking for.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us