Forum Name: Fertility

Question: Unusual Bleeding Pregnant?

lizzbit123 - Sat Sep 01, 2007 3:13 pm

1. 20
2. female
3. none
4. hernia when i was 2 years old
5. none
6. zyrtec for allergies and lutera BC pills

I have been on birth control for several years. My period was suppose to have started on Thursday, August 30th. But I began having light bleeding (spotting) 1 week straight before my period was due on Aug. 30th. And the bleeding lasted until 2 days past my period, meaning the bleeding stopped sept. 1st. (the 3rd day of when my period was suppose to be going). In other words, my period lasted 2 days but i had been bleeding beginning 1 week before. Im confused, does this mean i could be pregnant. me and my boyfriend don't use condums but im just on birth control because we've been together 4years.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:32 am

User avatar If you are taking your birth control pills faithfully, there is only a slim chance of pregnancy, but since no method is 100% reliable (except abstinence) there is always the chance when you are sexually active and fertile.

You could experience a light period if not pregnant, due to hormonal fluctuations. You could also be pregnant with some implantation bleeding so a pregnancy test would be a reasonable thing to do and it might just give you the peace of mind you are looking for.