Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: Cut on Penis

 khanzuli - Sun Sep 02, 2007 4:27 pm

I am 25 yeas old male and during masturbating I think I injured my penis (I think skin linked between the shaft of the penis and the base of the head got small cut) and blood came out. I applied Neosporin. I am scared, do I need to go and see doctor, if so I can go and Internal medicine? Please advice.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:12 am

User avatar This will likely heal on its own. You should rest your penis (no masturbation) while it heals. If you see any signs of infection, swelling, or drainage, you should see your doctor for sure. Otherwise I would allow your body to heal just as you would another sore on the skin.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us