Forum Name: Fertility

Question: Vasectomy Reversal- confliciting findings

lastryl - Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:15 pm

My fiancee, a 34 y/o male had a vasectomy performed 8 years ago in which he was recently told that they removed one whole inch of the vas deferens on each side. We would like to have the vasectomy reversed and are very concerned and confused by all the conflicting research we've found. Some doctors state that the time elapsed since the vasectomy and the amount of vas deferens left are significant factors in the likelihood of a successful reversal while others say with new microscopic technology that the factors do not play an important role in how successful a reversal will be, such as this doc's website http://www.infertile.com/treatmnt/treats/mvr/mvr.htm. I guess I am trying to clear the confusion so we have a realisitc view of what we will be facing when it comes time. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:11 am

User avatar Hi Lastryl,

I am not familiar with the new techniques. In general, with previous techniques, reversal of a vasectomy was possible but even under ideal circumstances there was still a significant chance of failure.

The new techniques may be much more successful. My best advice is to see a doctor that specializes in this techniques. This way you can get the updated statistics and information about the process to make an informed decision about whether or not to proceed.

Best wishes. Sorry I can't be more specific for you.
 healedbygod - Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:30 am

If someone were to have an auto-immune response to a vasectomy, what would symptoms be:

-lack of clarity
-brain fog
-lack of concentration
-memory issues
-headaches
-rash under eyes

I've been tested for a bunch of ailments and everything looks good. Doc's are now thinking it may be my body's reaction to my own sperm or perhaps my body is rejecting mesh that was implanted during a double inguinal hernia operation.

Thoughts???