Forum Name: Fertility

Question: no period, Negative pregnancy tests, nausea & dry heavin

phoenixfrever - Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:17 pm

I'm 23 years old and my husband and I have been trying to get pregnant for nearly 4 years. I was just on my first cycle of clomid, i'm 14 dpo and still getting negative pregnancy tests, no sign of my period. I've had nausea and dry heaving, cramping, sore breasts and frequent urination. Here's my chart...
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/b220b
Should I go get a beta test? I'm kind of worried about the cramping. Please let me know. Thanks
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:52 pm

User avatar You should consult with your doctor and testing might be indicated. Your symptoms certainly could indicate pregnancy and cramping can occur even without causing problems, even though it sometimes heralds a miscarriage. Unfortunately, if this is the case there is not much you can do to prevent it from happening. It can go either way. Your doctor would probably advise you to take it easy and no strenuous exercise or activity. You probably just need to wait it out and be patient at this point.

Good luck for your success.
 phoenixfrever - Sun Sep 16, 2007 6:35 pm

Thanks! I think I'll go in in the morning. Did you get a chance to look at my chart also? Does it seem like pregnancy is a possibility even aside from my symptoms considering my high temperatures on my chart? I haven't had any bleeding and it's not severe cramps, just minor dull ones that come and go so I'm not really worried about a miscarriage but I would like to take it easy if I'm pregnant so that's why I wanted to check.Thank you so much again.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:52 am

User avatar I'm sorry but I am not qualified to review your record as this is not something I specialize in at all. You should discuss it with your doctor or fertility specialist.

I don't believe you should try to determine pregnancy or absence of it by temperature changes; just fertility which improves the likelihood of pregnancy occurring. It is an aid to facilitate timeliness of sexual intercourse but not an indicator of actual conception. Presence of rising levels of pregnancy hormones (hCG) detectable in pregnancy testing, and symptoms such as breast tenderness, absence of period, nausea, etc. are the best indicators that pregnancy has occurred.