Forum Name: Fertility

Question: does this sound like pregnancy

monkey13 - Sat Sep 22, 2007 1:13 am

Hi, im 18 years old, about 3 or 4 weeks ago my boyfriend and i were having sex the day after i got over my period and the condom broke, i am on birth control...he left for three months about a week and a half after it happened...the day he left i threw up and for awhile now i have been a little bit nauseous but havent threw up again...ive had some pain, little cramps occassionally, and i really havent had an appetite, i eat little amounts and get full quickly, often feel bloated and nauseous after eating. i got my period for only one day a couple days ago and it was really light but thick, sticky clumpy, and kind of a brownish color i took 2 pregnancy test over the last couple days and they were both negative...most people i talk to say that im probably just stressed..do you have any idea.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sun Sep 23, 2007 1:07 am

While pregnancy is always possible in a young, fertile, sexually active woman, I would say your chances are not very good right now. Birth control pills are quite reliable (though not perfect) if taken faithfully.

You could be experiencing period abnormalities due to some kind of emotional problem or stress. It is impossible to say exactly. But, everything so far that you have shared lead me to believe you are not pregnant.

Good luck