Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: Treatment options for a small penis less then 3.5 inches

 scerab - Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:17 am

Hello every one I am a 23 year old male. I am in 5th year med-school, I was never married before. I am obese, suffered from obesity for 13 years.

As for my chief complaint I suffer from a small penis its less then 3.5 inches fully erect. The girth is also below normal. I also have two testicles different in size.

As for my past history: I have done two surgeries in my life, one was tonsillectomy when I was 12, the other was pilonidal abscess and I had it removed.

My medical history; I have umbilical abscess but didn’t want to go through with the operation I do use ointment for it how ever . No history of asthma, DM or HTN.

As for my family history there are many diseases such as DM, HTN, breast cancer lymphoma and ischemic heart disease.

Currently I don’t take any medications, only vitamins and minerals. I have been taking Prozac for a year in 2006.

As for my problem I have a smaller then normal penis I have done a few blood tests including testosterone and the hormone was at the lowest end of the normal range.
I would appreciate any advice on the matter:
Should I try hormonal replacement therapy? And if it didn’t work
Should I consider penile augmentation surgery?
What are the chances of success for the penile transplantation surgery?
Thanks in advance
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:44 pm

User avatar Hi Scerab,

I would recommend you see an endocrinologist to discuss testosterone replacement. I am not sure whether this would help or not. For people that have testosterone deficiency and do not enter puberty properly, testosterone replacement can cause growth of the penis. In your case, you may not be deficient enough for supplementation to be of any help.

Regarding penile augmentation you may need to talk with a urologist or plastic surgeon about this. I am not familiar enough with the process to give you any information about it.

To my knowledge, penile transplantation is not currently available. (Again, though, this is not my area of expertise so there may be treatments I am unaware of.)

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us