Question: Treatment options for a small penis less then 3.5 inches

scerab - Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:17 am

Hello every one I am a 23 year old male. I am in 5th year med-school, I was never married before. I am obese, suffered from obesity for 13 years.

As for my chief complaint I suffer from a small penis its less then 3.5 inches fully erect. The girth is also below normal. I also have two testicles different in size.

As for my past history: I have done two surgeries in my life, one was tonsillectomy when I was 12, the other was pilonidal abscess and I had it removed.

My medical history; I have umbilical abscess but didn’t want to go through with the operation I do use ointment for it how ever . No history of asthma, DM or HTN.

As for my family history there are many diseases such as DM, HTN, breast cancer lymphoma and ischemic heart disease.

Currently I don’t take any medications, only vitamins and minerals. I have been taking Prozac for a year in 2006.

As for my problem I have a smaller then normal penis I have done a few blood tests including testosterone and the hormone was at the lowest end of the normal range.
I would appreciate any advice on the matter:
Should I try hormonal replacement therapy? And if it didn’t work
Should I consider penile augmentation surgery?
What are the chances of success for the penile transplantation surgery?
Thanks in advance
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:44 pm

User avatar Hi Scerab,

I would recommend you see an endocrinologist to discuss testosterone replacement. I am not sure whether this would help or not. For people that have testosterone deficiency and do not enter puberty properly, testosterone replacement can cause growth of the penis. In your case, you may not be deficient enough for supplementation to be of any help.

Regarding penile augmentation you may need to talk with a urologist or plastic surgeon about this. I am not familiar enough with the process to give you any information about it.

To my knowledge, penile transplantation is not currently available. (Again, though, this is not my area of expertise so there may be treatments I am unaware of.)