Forum Name: Female Sexual Disorders

Question: Having sex for the first time after Hysterectomy

tlc4344 - Sun Aug 22, 2004 6:07 pm

Hello All,

i had an Abdominal Hysterectomy in April. I just had sex for the first time since then (4 months) and i immediately started with a watery blood. It was painful and my partner said I was extremely tight. This has me very worried and quite honestly am now afraid of what I will feel the next time. The watery blood lasted for the next day but my abdominal area feels very sore now. I awoke in the middle of the evening with extreme burning and am having a great deal of pain while voiding. Hot baths are only relieving it short term. The pain is so intense it feels like an infection, I assume this is normal being the first time but I am still very leery if this will be a reoccuring thing each time. Hopefully this will get better, but was just wondering if this is a common thing. I have heard that bladder and urinary tract infections are common at this time, so i imagine it is one of those. I have just started the Estrogen and am wondering if this will help with the situation.
If anyone could help, I would be much appreciative.
:? :cry:
 Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:41 am

User avatar Dear tlc4344,

You have to contact your doctor and tell him/her about this episode of bleeding and see what the recommendations will be. i don't think it is normal to have bleeding after intercourse 4 months afer having a hysterectomy. Please, call your doctor.

Thank you very much for using our website https://doctorslounge.com and i hope that this information helped.