Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: Papercut looking mark on penis

toomanyideas - Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:44 pm

I'm a 21 year old uncircumcised male. I noticed a little red mark just below the glans of the penis, on the soft tissue. The mark looked to me like a little papercut, it looks like a pinkie fingernail could have caused it. I noticed this around the same time that I received vigorous oral sex. I applied polysporin to it at night, and upon waking noticed it had healed quite well. I applied polysporin again, and the next time I checked it was just barely a little red mark, very unnoticable. Just a half hour ago I recieved oral sex again, and It looks although it has reopened, and has the same appearance as when I first got it. I have no other symptoms whatsoever, the glands in my groin are fine, and there is no burning when I urinate. I have been tested for every STD possible, except for herpes. That is my concern. Would herpes show up as a little papercut, and respond to polysporin very well, and be acting like this mark ? I'm getting paranoid, as its in my nature.
 toomanyideas - Sat Sep 29, 2007 2:42 pm

The little cut looking mark has not healed yet still, and now there is another one a few centimeters away. Still no other symptoms. Any advice on what this is ? I did'nt notice the other one until after masturbating today. Maybe just normal skin tears ? Hopefully.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us