Forum Name: Fertility

Question: can i be pregnant or having problems wih my periods like alw

candy2 - Sun Sep 30, 2007 3:35 am

im 18 and i have alway have problems with my period sometimes is 1 to 3 months late. thats the case right now is 3 months late and my hair is falling a lot. i feel a slight cramping and my breast are a lil bit sore but still no period. also like 3 weeks ago my boyfriend penetrade me (sex like) 3 time it was my first time after 3 i told him to stop because it hurt he didnt came or anything thats what he said, can that have something to do with my late period even though it was late 2 months earlier?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:13 pm

User avatar Any time a fertile female as sex with penetration by a male there is a possibility of pregnancy so you may wish to do a pregnancy test. But you could definitely be having hormonal problems that need to be addressed by a doctor. The hair loss in conjunction with the period fluctuation would make me wonder about other endocrine disorders such as thyroid, so an exam is important for you.

candy2 - Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:08 pm

well im going to make an appoinment ASAP then because not having my period and having my hair falling is scaring me and i don't want to have problem having a baby in THE FUTURE. but i really don't want a baby right now so i hope im not pregnant. i also thought that i have a hormone problem because i've been having a wier feeling in my head around my forhead and eyes can you tell me if that it related with the missing periods?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:07 am

User avatar That sounds like a good plan. It's always a good idea to think about your future reproductive plans and to make decisions now to protect that important part of your health and life.

Be aware that sexual decisions made now can also affect you in the future, so use caution. Also, all young women of reproductive age should take a multivitamin every day which contains folic acid. This will help prevent birth defects because when you do become pregnant, the additional folic acid is most helpful at the very time of conception, not just 10 weeks later when you might see a doctor about it. It has also been shown to have other positive health benefits.