Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Fertility

Question: maybe pregnant?

gurleegirl - Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:13 pm

I am a 17 year old girl and saturday, i went over my boyfriend's house and we started fooling around, and he put his penis in me once and i told him to stop right away because he didn't have any protection - he didn't ejaculate, i had just finished my period the previous monday, he only went in and as awkward as this is - moved around a few times, and then i told him to stop and he came out no where near ejaculating. i was nervous so i took Plan B just today - 43 hours after the incident- im really worried wondering what the chances are of pregnancy. please reply to this im nervous. thank you for your time.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:06 pm

User avatar Hi Gurleegirl,

Your risk of pregnancy is probably very low; however, it is not zero. Depending on your cycle length you may have been at the beginning of your "fertile time" where sperm may be able to survive in the vaginal tract long enough to fertilize the released egg. There may be small amounts of sperm in the pre-ejaculate fluid.

Overall, many things would need to line up just right for pregnancy to occur in this situation but, rarely, it may happen.

If your next period is not on time you can take a home urine pregnancy test. These are typically very reliable beginning one week after the missed period.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us