Question: Cut on Penis

lynnhopes - Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:06 pm

My boyfriend is a 31 year old uncircumcised male. His health is brilliant; he rarely gets sick or catches cold. He is on no medications at present.

In July he and I spent a week apart. After which we went on a trip away together. We had pretty passionate sex and the next day he noticed a cut on his penis just underneath his foreskin. We had to abstain and after about a week it healed.

It has reoccurred since then. It just appears and it's like sex reopens the wound. Then it is sore when he pulls back his foreskin and he can't have sex. The only thing that makes it go away is abstinence. We use condoms as our contraception.

What could this possibly be? Could it be herpes? He says he has looked on the net and it appears to be a cut frenulum. He won't go to the doctor despite my nagging :).
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:09 pm

User avatar Hi Lynnhopes,

From this description it doesn't sound like herpes. Herpes generally causes a blister-like sore.

It may be that the sore simply isn't having enough time to fully heal so that it is being reopened from the friction of intercourse. He may want to try giving it a longer period of time before having intercourse to let it heal better, perhaps 2-3 weeks.

If it persists, he should have it evaluated.