Doctors Lounge - Fertility Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Fertility Answers List

Forum Name: Fertility

Question: alcohol and unprotected sex

CrazyLady - Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:06 pm

I had unprotected sex on Wednesday and went out drinking on Friday....

The question is, did that ruin my chances of getting pregnant from that sex on Wednesday????

im 33 and already have 2 healthy children....
i am not a heavy drinker, this was the first time i got DRUNK in 12 years and I don't plan on doing it ever again!

Thanks!
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:40 pm

User avatar Hi CrazyLady,

Becoming intoxicated will not change your chances of becoming pregnant. In fact, it generally increases the chances because intoxicated people become disinhibited and often forget to take the necessary precautions to prevent pregnancy.

Just as a side note, drinking alcohol while pregnant can impact the developing fetus in multiple ways.

Best wishes.
 CrazyLady - Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:23 pm

ok so the crown that i drank on Friday shouldnt have interupted what happened the previous wednesday?!

I just want to make sure I an understanding correctly.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:53 pm

User avatar You are correct. Drinking the alcohol should not interfere with the ability to become pregnant.

Best wishes.
 CrazyLady - Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:09 am

Thanks!

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us