Forum Name: Fertility

Question: chances of pregnancy

b1 - Sun Oct 14, 2007 6:23 pm

me and my girlfriend recently had sex and the condom broke. she has been on the birthcontrol pill before but went off it for a while last summer. she recently went back on it about a month and a half ago. because she was told that it takes about a month before the pill starts working and its only been about a month and a half, we were worried so she took a plan B morning after pill within 24 hours of having sex. is it likely that she will become pregnant?
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sun Oct 14, 2007 6:46 pm

User avatar Hi B1,

If your girlfriend has been using the oral contraceptives for over a month it is likely that pregnancy will not occur.

If she does not have her period as expected she should take a home pregnancy tests since there is still a possibility of pregnancy occurring.