Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Female Sexual Disorders

Question: trichomoniasis

 mmc1358 - Sun Oct 14, 2007 6:56 pm

I'm a 20 year old girl. I found out about a month ago that my ex boyfriend had an infection and got treated. The day before I found out about my ex I started feeling sore on my vagina. I went to the doctor and told her what I heard and she did test. She said it could be one of three things and I got treatment for all three. When the test came back she said that it was trichomoniasis and told me since I did the treatment I would be fine. Well, its been about a month and I just got my period and its brown. I've been having abdominal pain. Well I knew I had to go to the doctor so I shaved, when I did it looked like a little bug on me and when I took it off I had a red bump. So I went back to the doctor today. My regular doctor wasn't there, so I expained everything that happened. The new doctor told me that since I had the treatment and i havent been with anyone I couldnt have it again. She also said that doing a pap wouldnt show her anything. All she did was look around the outside and said everything is fine. I know its not, but what could it be and what should I do? Please help!
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:31 pm

User avatar Hello,
I think you can wait this one out. The bump is probably nothing to worry about and will likely resolve on its own. Give it a little time but if you are still worried or you get additional symptoms, go back to the doctor. Don't worry about the brown menstrual fluid. It is normal.

Do not worry about shaving to see the doctor. This in itself can cause bumps and infections, ingrown hairs, etc. Your doctor can work around normal pubic hair. If some kind of surgical procedure were needed, they would handle any necessary shaving.

Take care.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us