Forum Name: Female Sexual Disorders

Question: trichomoniasis

mmc1358 - Sun Oct 14, 2007 6:56 pm

I'm a 20 year old girl. I found out about a month ago that my ex boyfriend had an infection and got treated. The day before I found out about my ex I started feeling sore on my vagina. I went to the doctor and told her what I heard and she did test. She said it could be one of three things and I got treatment for all three. When the test came back she said that it was trichomoniasis and told me since I did the treatment I would be fine. Well, its been about a month and I just got my period and its brown. I've been having abdominal pain. Well I knew I had to go to the doctor so I shaved, when I did it looked like a little bug on me and when I took it off I had a red bump. So I went back to the doctor today. My regular doctor wasn't there, so I expained everything that happened. The new doctor told me that since I had the treatment and i havent been with anyone I couldnt have it again. She also said that doing a pap wouldnt show her anything. All she did was look around the outside and said everything is fine. I know its not, but what could it be and what should I do? Please help!
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:31 pm

I think you can wait this one out. The bump is probably nothing to worry about and will likely resolve on its own. Give it a little time but if you are still worried or you get additional symptoms, go back to the doctor. Don't worry about the brown menstrual fluid. It is normal.

Do not worry about shaving to see the doctor. This in itself can cause bumps and infections, ingrown hairs, etc. Your doctor can work around normal pubic hair. If some kind of surgical procedure were needed, they would handle any necessary shaving.