Doctors Lounge - Fertility Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Fertility Answers List

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: Redness on head of penis + peeling skin

torontobloodinme - Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:46 pm

Hello, i'm a 18 yr old male and I had unprotected sex with my girlfriend for the first time about a week ago. Both of us were virgins before. No pas diagnoses or surgeries. My family history has a record of cancer... i'm currently on a minor antibiotic called "Apo-Amoxi" [500mg]. The very next day, i noticed small red pimple-like... things.. on the head of my penis. They have faded into red blotches now, but there is skin peeling off of the head of my penis! Advice please?
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sat Dec 22, 2007 1:11 am

User avatar Hi Torontobloodinme,

It may be that you are seeing these changes due to trauma from friction to the skin. The other possibility is that this is a bacterial infection. This is less likely but if it is a bacterial skin infection (not necessarily an STD) it may need antibiotics to clear up.

If the redness does not improve or if it gets worse I would recommend you see your doctor.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us