Question: Redness on head of penis + peeling skin

torontobloodinme - Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:46 pm

Hello, i'm a 18 yr old male and I had unprotected sex with my girlfriend for the first time about a week ago. Both of us were virgins before. No pas diagnoses or surgeries. My family history has a record of cancer... i'm currently on a minor antibiotic called "Apo-Amoxi" [500mg]. The very next day, i noticed small red pimple-like... things.. on the head of my penis. They have faded into red blotches now, but there is skin peeling off of the head of my penis! Advice please?
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sat Dec 22, 2007 1:11 am

User avatar Hi Torontobloodinme,

It may be that you are seeing these changes due to trauma from friction to the skin. The other possibility is that this is a bacterial infection. This is less likely but if it is a bacterial skin infection (not necessarily an STD) it may need antibiotics to clear up.

If the redness does not improve or if it gets worse I would recommend you see your doctor.