Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: Redness on head of penis + peeling skin

torontobloodinme - Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:46 pm

Hello, i'm a 18 yr old male and I had unprotected sex with my girlfriend for the first time about a week ago. Both of us were virgins before. No pas diagnoses or surgeries. My family history has a record of cancer... i'm currently on a minor antibiotic called "Apo-Amoxi" [500mg]. The very next day, i noticed small red pimple-like... things.. on the head of my penis. They have faded into red blotches now, but there is skin peeling off of the head of my penis! Advice please?
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Sat Dec 22, 2007 1:11 am

User avatar Hi Torontobloodinme,

It may be that you are seeing these changes due to trauma from friction to the skin. The other possibility is that this is a bacterial infection. This is less likely but if it is a bacterial skin infection (not necessarily an STD) it may need antibiotics to clear up.

If the redness does not improve or if it gets worse I would recommend you see your doctor.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us