Forum Name: Fertility

Question: Chances of Pregnancy

Anonymous989 - Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:07 pm

I know these types of questions are very difficult to answer, and don't usually have 100% valid answers, but here it goes. I'm an 18 year old male, and recently had sex with a girl using a condom. After ejaculation, I removed the condom, and about a half hour later we were 'playing around' again. At one point my penis was inserted into her vagina again without a condom, but was immediately taken out after, with no penetration and without ejaculating again. I know sperm cells don't die for several days, so I am somewhat worried what this could do. Is there a chance that this could cause pregnancy, and if so are the chances high? Thank you.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:20 pm

User avatar Any time you have penetration (assuming both you and the girl are fertile) there is the possibility of pregnancy. How high the likelihood? I would say not very based on what you have shared, but if it happened to be at the time she was ovulating or near that time and there was sperm present (in pre-ejaculate) it could happen. So, the planets would need to align, but it is not likely.

If she were to become pregnant from this encounter, it would be quite unusual and unexpected. But, half of all pregnancies in the USA are unplanned for one reason or another so we can't be completely sure.

Your girlfriend may want to consider a second form of birth control such as the pill to safeguard against such a risk in the future. Condoms are somewhat protective against disease so this is a good choice as primary contraception.