Forum Name: Fertility

Question: chances of pregnancy

Movied2 - Sun Oct 21, 2007 7:06 pm

okay im a 20 year old male and i had a question about the girl im seeing. We've been having sex on going for 2 months, she took two pregnancy test 2 1/2 weeks ago and were negative, we had sex again a week ago on saturday (using condoms.) and she got her period the following tuesday but started getting sick on wednesday like stomach flu sypmtoms. I was wondering what the chance of her being pregnant was because she had her peroid but is getting sympotoms of flu. She is not on birth control but we use a condom every time and they never have broken
 Movied2 - Sun Oct 21, 2007 7:17 pm

second comment, she took a pregnancy test this saturday a week after we had sex and it also was negative, during her peroid.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:56 pm

User avatar I would feel quite confident if I were you that pregnancy has been avoided. Consistent use of a condom is a good method of birth control. The fact she then had a period is pretty good verification that she is not pregnant. A person can have a period after conceiving but it is typically implantation bleeding; not a true period and it is very slight and not a typical menses.

Most likely her symptoms are unrelated.

Best wishes
 lala16 - Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:11 am

ok i wanted to know if theres a chance that im pregnant.if i am ill prob. be around 10 weeks yes i know bad but i didnt know.im not on birth control.and we didnt use a condom because when we tryed to put it on him it broke and iv been checked and he been checked two times before we did anything.it was the day after my period. the next month i had my period but it was light.and the second month it was over aweek late and then it was kinda regular.i usually have regular periods.iv been having all the symtoms nausea but no vomiting eating more boobs sore a little and been syintive"sp" to smell and moody.ext. but i took a pregnancy test and it came back negative could it be wrong.and do you think im pregnant?im 16 goin to be 17 in may so but im i.and i also wanted to know all they do when you go to the doctor to see if you are pregnant?please respond asap!!
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:26 am

You didn't give dates of your periods so I am not real clear on this - what date you are using to determine you would be about 10 weeks.

It is possible to have symptoms you describe without being pregnant. There is a good chance you are not since you had sex the day after your period and you had another period after that. Usually a period is a good indication you are not pregnant. However, if you have been having intercourse since the one time you describe and if the period was quite light and shorter there is the chance it could be implantation bleeding and not a true period. You could repeat the pregnancy test a week after the first one if you continue to have symptoms including no period.

If you see a doctor for a pregnancy test they will either do urine or blood to verify pregnancy. Then, when you start your prenatal care you will have a complete physical exam, including a pap smear and test for some infections. Usually the doctor also checks for immunity to german measles, HIV, etc. He/she will check your breasts manually to be sure you don't have any unusual lumps, etc. If you are not pregnant, the doctor can assist you in finding a reliable method of birth control.

Tbuj - Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:52 pm

My girlfriend and I had sex for the first time about a week after her period (Jan 10th) she has always has an irregular cycle, about a week late atleast every time. She is now two weeks late and I am getting nervous. We were safe and used a condom, but you never know. She said the past couple of days she had white gooey stuff in her underwear as if ovulation was occuring. What are the chances she is pregnant? (Only 16years old by the way)
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:29 pm

User avatar She would not have been at a highly fertile time, though it can be hard to say when periods are irregular. Having used a condom I think you can probably feel quite safe. You are correct about the discharge possibly being related to ovulation so she is likely just late ovulating and therefore will be late on her period. She could take a home pregnancy test now and it should be quite reliable.

aaziz - Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:34 am

Hello Debbie- My head is spinning from reading just about everything I could get my hands on over the internet - but then i realized, those are clinical excerpts. What I need is advice from women who 'live' through it.
For starters, I am a 28yr old asian woman (we evidently have a tendency to conceive at the drop of a hat!!) - my fiance and i are sexually involved -althu on a sporadic basis seeing as i travel for work as does he. If we are lucky, we get to be together 2/3 months in a month. We plan on getting married by July this year and till then (and for a year or so over) we don't plan on parenthood.
My concerns have recently been heightened with working out when its safe for us to have sex without fear of my getting pregnant. Yes, the asian society is very conservative about shotgun weddings!
My periods were fairly regular. I did have 35-40day cycles in my late teens but for the past 2/3 years ive been rather regular in so far as my dates are concerned.
Brief history of my period dates/cycle:
4th November 2007
3rd December 2007
1st January 2008
Each period lasts 4 days - i go heavy on the first and second days. Start slowing down by evening of 3rd day and by 4th im either all clear or very slightly on the rag.

Now - in january 2008, my fiance was in town and the two of us had just one night to be together. The nite of 5/6th Jan.
We got busy.
He doesnt wear condoms. (He cant perform with them.)
I am on no contraceptive plan. The pill scares me. I already have heavy hips. And the side-effect indicating pills increasing hip-width, weight and hair growth has put me off the idea of touching the pill!
Normally he doesn't ejaculate in me, but this night i asked him too - reckoning i was so within my safe zone seeing as i had just finished my period the day before.
To still play safe, i took the morning-after/emergency pill the following day.
And then my period disappeared! I went thru so many home-pregnancy kits!!
And then i got my period on the 13th of Feb'08.
Stretching my normally one month cycle to a 44day cycle.
Freak incident? Stress? (I lost my father in december...work has been busy...and to lose myself into sheer exhaustion so i can sleep, i go for an intense workout everyday of the week)
Whatever the reason - i don't want a repeat performance of anxiety levels that we both touched caused by the delay in my period.
Henceforth - when are safe zones? If i want to be with him this weekend, am i pushing my luck?
I will be so grateful if i could be taken through this zoning crisis!
Look forward to your input!
 Debbie Miller, RN - Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:00 pm

I actually had answered this post but for some reason it's not here so I must have done something wrong. Sorry for the delay.

The most risky time for pregnancy is day 8 through day 19 if you start counting on the first day of your last period. With regular cycles you may ovulate any time between those days. It is hard to predict exactly when and a few women even ovulate outside these dates. So, it would be wise to use some form of contraception during those days if not all the time. If you are not together frequently it may be that you don't want anything like an IUD, implant or birth control pill, though many women use these without side effects once their body adjusts.

Taking the "morning after pill" or "plan b" or "emergency contraception" does throw your periods off due to the high level of hormones. It can take a while to get back into a pattern, so if you are wanting to use a natural family planning method, use of emergency contraception (EC) will make it more difficult. It is not meant to be used as birth control and I don't recommend you use it that way, even when you don't have regular sexual intercourse. Since you do not plan to start your family soon, one of the other methods might be a good idea for you and they are quite safe and reliable.

If you want to have sex without birth control, especially between days 8 and 19, you are definitely taking a risk. 85% of women will become pregnant within the year if having sex during this time frame. If you have regular periods between 26 and 32 days and avoid these unsafe days, your risk goes down to about 2-3%. Not perfect but close to other methods of birth control. You can also learn to be in touch with your vaginal secretions. If you notice an increase in the secretions (yesterday or today) it is likely you are ovulating and should avoid intercourse. This means any day - ask yourself, "did I have secretions yesterday?" If the answer is yes, don't have sex today. Also ask yourself, "do I have secretions today?" If the answer is yes, don't have unprotected sex today. If the secretions were three days ago, you are likely not ovulating. This is called the "two day method of natural family planning." It is also quite reliable for motivated women who learn to recognize the discharge changes in their bodies.

minor88 - Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:04 pm

Ok, im very confused and im having problems right now!
What seems to be happening is, ok i had my period on the 13th of last month, the month before that on the 14th and always around those days!
When having my period i usually cramp really really bad, and then go to the bathroom and wipe and theres some blood, and i put a pad on and BAM by that night its full and im on it! I never have light periods never, i always have heavy ones about 5 days long maybe a little less..
On this month, on the night of the 4th i started spotting a light amount of dark blood and sometimes light about 3 times a day or less mostly when i wiped but very small small amounts! Well previously my husband slipped INSIDE me about 2 weeks prior to when i started spotting! I NEVER SPOT BEFORE MY PERIOD, but hey i thought there must be a first for everything! Well.. i have been spotting now for 4 days close to 5! I am supposed to start my period this coming week! I am cramping off and on and i don't know what is going on! I took a pregnancy test on the 7th and 8th! They both said negative! Am i testing too early? Am i pregnant? If so i would be around 3 weeks since conception! Should i go to the ER and just get an ultra sound and see what they say? What do i need to do!?? Now my spotting is having an odor to it as well, this i forgot to mention up there, but yes it is smelling and i don't know whats going on! Can someone help me??
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:17 pm

This could be some type of vaginal infection, since you have noticed an odor. I would not consider it urgent enough for an ER visit, however. I think you need to wait and be patient just a bit longer. The tests are quite reliable about a week after your period was due, though for some women with some home tests results may be positive earlier than that - you just can't depend on it. If you are pregnant, it is also quite common to have some spotting early on - usually about the time of your regular period. It is also common to have midcycle spotting, even though you haven't had it before. At any rate, there are several possibilities, but none of a critical nature.

It is definitely too early for pregnancy to be determined by ultrasound. Not so many years ago women had to wait weeks for signs to determine pregnancy. These days we get impatient with a few days. Try not to worry too much while waiting a bit longer.

Good luck - whatever your wish is in this.
 Cathy41 - Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:36 pm

Goodmorning...

Please help me..i badly need it to get a piece of mind..

My last period was in January 28, 2008
My boy friend and i had sex in Feb.10 and he came in me accidentaly..we tried searching for a plan A or B pill but to my dismay they don't have it here in my country..
i have tried 3 home pregnancy test..first in Feb. 26th at night..then at the 27th early in the morning...rsults were all negative..the third one is in the first week of mach..still negative..did i test too early? i don't have any symptoms of pregnancy like early morning sickness, food cravings or breast tenderness..im worried coz i still don't have my period..
i did notice some milky discharge on the second week of march..if im correct its my ovulation.. i didnt have sex since then but do i still have the chance of getting pregnant?

i do feel some cramping on my abdomen..but i havent been regular before..there where months that period wont come..
please help me..
please reply as soon as you can...

thanks
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:08 pm

It sounds like you had sex during a time that was very likely a fertile period for you so pregnancy is a very real possibility. It is also possible that your period is delayed due to stress (as in thinking about this possibility!).

The tests can be negative if taken early in pregnancy. Most are reliable about a week after your period was due but some women have low HcG levels and this can result in a negative test. Usually it is recommended you repeat the test weekly as long as you have symptoms, such as no period. Other symptoms do not occur in all women so you can't count on these for pregnancy confirmation. They can also develop later.

You can also get a serum (blood) test which is more sensitive than the urine testing. If you are not pregnant, may I suggest finding a reliable method of birth control both of you are comfortable with. You can also ask a doctor about plan B so you can have this on hand in case of emergency contraceptive needs, but this should not be used as regular birth control.

I would also remind you that all women of childbearing years (even if you are not planning to become pregnant) should take a daily multiple vitamin containing at least 400 mcg folate or folic acid. Since half of all pregnancies are "unintended" and folic acid is so critical to early fetal development, it just makes sense.

Cathy41 - Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:51 pm

Goodmorning

thank you so much for replying Miss Miller...
i had my period on the 15th of March at first it started slow and gradually it became regular, it lasted till the 20th of March..is it what you called implantation bleeding? still no pregnancy symptoms..but like you've said some doesnt show till later on.should i continue taking pregnancy test? or should i stop worrying too much?
starting this week i had milky discharge which i think is my ovulation..
i tried asking for the drug that you have said but it is not available here in my country..but they do have contraceptive pills which is im planning to take after consultation with a doctor..

hoping to hear from u..

thanks again for replying..
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:09 pm

I would feel quite confident that you had a period and are not pregnant. Implantation bleeding is usually a very light and "different" experience than a period. I suspect the discharge is probably an ovulation sign.
 Cathy41 - Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:20 pm

thank you so much...
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:06 pm

User avatar You are welcome - take care!
 jewels89 - Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:56 pm

my name is juliana im 19 goin on 20 ive been trying to get pregnant but it seems hard my husband and i have been having unprotected sex everyday and starting on the firsts of july and still to this current day last month i had my period it was very light and short and before i had my period i was feeling sick seeping alot vomited once and alot of headaches i thought i was pregnant but then got my period and we still keept having unprotected sex until this day my real quetion is why was i feeling like that and do you think there is something wrong with me my husband already has 2 with another women thats why im asking why cant he get me pregnant??
 Debbie Miller, RN - Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:36 pm

I would say your chances of pregnancy are extremely slim. I am glad to hear you are consistently using condoms. This is a very reliable birth control method when used correctly and can also reduce your risk of disease transmission.

clarissa1988 - Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:27 am

ok...i don't understand why i havent had a period. they have been regular since i start them a year ago after i had my son. i mean ive missed a few here and there, and for a whole yr. i havent gotten preg. i have been watching my self hard core. but this time today is the last white pill(sugar pill), and i havent started yet. i got told it happens when on birth control,or if ive missed one it'll mess it up...but i took a clearblue preg. test today and it came up (not pregnant). i mean i have to start my next pack tomorrow and i don't even know if im preg. or not. i have no idea hwat i should do.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:06 pm

You are correct that your periods can be affected by the pill. You should continue to take the pills as prescribed regardless of the period showing up or not. The chances of pregnancy are not very great, especially if you have taken the pills every day. Chances are this is just normal missed periods due to hormonal regulation and even though most women have some bleeding - if very light - sometimes this happens.

Taking the pills is not harmful but if you do feel you are pregnant and get a positive pregnancy test, you should stop then. While taking birth control pills regularly it is not necessary to take regular pregnancy tests each time your period is delayed. Long before home pregnancy tests were available women were successfully using this method of birth control. In the rare case of pregnancy while on the pill, it is OK to stop the pill at that time.

Sweet_Gurl_243 - Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:46 am

I'm really paranoid right now so any advice would be greatly appreciated. My boyfriend and I had unprotected sex (I know it was stupid), it was around 6AM. I woke up at approximately 11:30AM with my period. Then around 7:30PM the same day I took Plan B just in case. How likely is it that I could get pregnant? I don't think I can wait until my next period to find out, so any information would be a huge help. Thanks!
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:47 pm

Pregnancy under these circumstances is extremely unlikely. It would be nearly a miracle if it happened. First off, the period alone would have assured you that you were not pregnant and that you had done this at the safest possible time. Secondly, plan b was unnecessary but that would pretty much wrap up any remaining doubt.

tanker123 - Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:37 am

Hello.
Ive been losing sleep for days wondering this so it would be much appreciated to get an answer.

Me and my girlfriend were fooling around, we put my penis in her vagina and were thrusting for a little bit but we stopped before i ejaculated. We've done this before and she didnt get pregnant and then we did it again and shes a day late on her period. Im worried. Whats the chances of her being pregnant? And if someone had ejaculated in their pants and then put their penis in a vagina a few hours later would the women be pregnant?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:44 am

There is a chance of pregnancy because of "pre-cum" which can leak before ejaculation. This is not a great possibility but it is real. This is why pulling out is not a reliable method of birth control, though it does improve your odds over regular ejaculation. The chances of pregnancy from penetration after ejaculation could still have some risk involved for the same reason. You could produce more fluid, that might contain sperm and could conceivably leak.

Have your girlfriend take a home pregnancy test. If negative and she still doesn't get her period, have her repeat it a week later or have a serum (blood) test done in a clinic or doctor's office. These are more sensitive.

For future sexual activity, please use a latex condom to ease both of your minds. It also reduces the risk of sexually transmitted infections.

Sweet_Gurl_243 - Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:57 am

I posted my situation earlier but I'm still having some doubts. Could what I thought was my period just be due to the fact that it was the first time I had sex so i bled? There were some clots, which is why i thought it was my period. Its been almost a week now and there is still some blood flow but its a lot less than before but it's not as heavy as my normal period. Could it be that I took the plan b and its messing up my period? Can having sex for the first time mess up your cycle? The time we had sex was definitely around the time i get my period. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:37 am

Sometimes almost all women have irregular cycles, missed periods, different flow, etc. This makes it hard to guess at what is going on. In addition, plan B definitely affects the hormones and most women report that it does mess up their periods. Some do bleed after sex the first time, especially if the hymen was still present and/or things went quickly without good lubrication. However, this would not likely be the cause of heavy and prolonged bleeding. You could have the effect of plan b in your system for a little while and you cannot depend on your periods being predictable for possibly even a few months. If you are very worried about pregnancy, take a test. These are usually reliable as early as 10 days after conception.

I hope this helps.

wannabemommy25 - Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:16 pm

I am on the patch and have been experiencing some spotting for the past couple of days and it is starting to make me worry a little. The bleeding is so faint I can only tell it is there when I wipe and it is accompanied by a creamy texture kind of like egg white only pink. Is this concidered breakthrough bleeding? Should I go see my doctor about it and find out why its going on? I have just started day 1 of week 3 on the patch and should not start my period until my week free of the patch. I have had a lot of nausia with headachs that come and go, lower back pain, soar and tender breast, some weight gain that fluxuates from 5-7lbs that come and go as well, also I have a stuffy nose that goes runny then back to stuffy and thought I was coming down with a cold or flu. I also have to pee a lot but I usually have to pee so if that was a sign I am not sure I would be able to tell. One day I will be 160 then 165 to 169 then drop back down to 160 again. I am just not sure if it is because I just recently switched from the pill to the patch and my body is getting used to the hormones or what is going on. I have been haing unprotected sex soly relying on the BC to prevent pregnancy. I am not sure what the odds are of me being pregnant being that the symptoms I am feeling could most likely be related to the patch. Can anyone please help me?!
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:02 am

Your symptoms sound most like hormonal adjustment to me. Even the weight fluctuation can be the result of water retention - also related to hormones. The patch is a very reliable birth control method and additional measures should not be needed. No method is 100% effective except abstinence but I would not initially think pregnancy here. It can take a few cycles for your body to regulate so I would give it a little time. Your other concerns are probably viral (common cold). If you get no period when expected, you can take a pregnancy test to be sure but even that could be related to the patch and your body's response. It just might give you peace of mind - wait until a few days after you expect the period.

Because hormonal birth control stops ovulation, pregnancy under these circumstances is quite rare.

sikaadma - Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:32 am

hi,
me and my girlfriend were having an intimate session. i licked her and possibly gave her an orgasm (she does not not understand the feeling). then i took out my penis. when i did so a line of transparent yet slightly greyish fluid stuck to my underwear (like a web hanging from two ends) and broke off onto the underside of my penis. Then after around 5-10 seconds she came and sat on the underside of my penis rubbing her pussy on the underside of my penis for about 10 seconds. She was very wet and warm. 2 days after that day she has been complaining of weakness and feeling dizzy. She also feels vomitish at times but she says that vomitish feeling is not new for her. She has been complaining of severe leg pain too.5 days after that day she fell on her back and has been complaing of back pain also. She also told me that 2-3 times she has had the feeling that she's losing her balance and falling down. and about a week after THE day she also had an instance of profue sweating and dizzy feeling (after an arguement with me). I would like to bring to your notice that i had not ejaculated but had masterbated about two hours before our intimate session; there was no direct contact with the penis head (i'm not circumcised); the day we had our session was 5th day after her last periods got over. Could she be pregnant? She also tells me that she has liver problems (part of it has gone bad). she is 20 yrs old.Please help. what are the symptoms i should be looking for.
 mrsthom - Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:38 pm

Hi there,

Not a worry here (would be happy to be pregnant) more of a query of is it possible.

I was on Microgynon up until 3rd April when I finished the last pack. Wednesday I started my "false period"and this is also the day I was switched over to Cerazette at the doctors. The doctor told me at the time that for the first 7 days I may not be covered so to be careful for at least a week. I told my husband this but he wasn't worried and said if we get pregnant that would be great. So from saturday until now we've been at it like rabbits. This morning (14th) I have a swollen feeling in my lower abdomen even though it looks normal. Is it more likely to be the effect of the pill or could I possibly have conceived (women in my family seem to feel symptoms pretty quick when pregnant). If so when would be the best time to test?
 msnow99 - Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:37 pm

Hello, I am 32 years old and have suffered a miscarriage 5 months ago which was at 5 1/2 weeks along. The doctor never mentioned performing a D&C, so I never questioned it. My periods came back quickly, but were 23 days apart as opposed to 26 like before. Then suddenly in Feb, it was 31 days late, and I had cramps like the whole week before I started, and after I finished. Then in March I had a similar experience where I spotted for 2 days, nothing for 2 days, and then started with heavy period and ended with cramps even after the bleeding had stopped. Then this month, I think I ovulated on April 7th, because I had egg white CM a few days before and pain on my left side all day of the 7th. My hubby and I had intercourse the day before that, and now it is a week later. I had cramps like 3 days after I suspected ovulation, and then they stopped, but here it is 1 week later, and 1 week before I suspect I will get my period and I have had awful cramps all day that tylenol has not helped. My OB/GYN cannot see me for 2 more weeks. I know it is too early to test for possible pregnancy, but I am concerned that this is not normal. So much cramping with no bleeding can't be good. Could this be an early sign of pregnancy? Or can something like ovarian cysts be causing my pain? They didn't see any abnormal cysts when I had ultrasounds done 5 months ago for the miscarriage. Oh, and I have never had irregular periods or had trouble with cramps before these last 2. Any info you can provide would be greatly appreciated as I am freaking out and can't see my doctor for 2 more weeks!
 Debbie Miller, RN - Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:33 pm

If you had engaged in intercourse, there would be a possibility of pregnancy but it does require semen to be deposited inside the vagina so if yours was oral sex and external stimulation, chances of pregnancy really do not exist. I suspect her symptoms are related to something else. She may have vertigo which results in balance problems and nausea, dizziness and easy falls. She should see a doctor about it.

If t here was penitration with sex, she should be able to do a home pregnancy test around the time she would expect her next period. They're not 100% at that point but usually accurate. Missing a period is usually the first sign of pregnancy.

mrsthom - Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:31 am

Hi there, I was just wondering if my query above was at all possible as I still have a swollen feeling in my lower abdomen even though it doesn't feel it and yesterday I noticed a metallic taste in the back of my mouth (but not sure if thats just my brain making up symptoms as it would be exciting to be pregnant)

As i'm on the mini pill now I was warned it could cause irregular periods or even none at all so I'm not sure I could go on the whole missed period thing as a prompt to test - especially as i've been on combined so all of them were false ones in the past few years so haven't really got a proper cycle to monitor now.
 CowsGoOink - Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:39 pm

I posted this a couple days ago, but my topic has not been approved so I will post it here again. Me and my girlfriend had sex three days ago. (Tuesday) Her period was from Wednesday/Thursday to Monday. She is currently on the pill, and has been for about 4 and a half weeks, but she had missed 2 pills, one on Friday, as well as Saturday. She took two pills on Sunday, and took one pill on Monday. We did not use a condom, but I had pulled out well before I ejaculated. (Several minutes beforehand). In fact I did not ejaculate at all. This is also my first time having sex, and it was causing me a little pain because I am uncircumcised. My penis did not even go halfway in her vagina. What are the chances she is pregnant now?
 CowsGoOink - Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:17 pm

OK in correspondence with my post above, my girlfriend has actually been on the pill for 3 months. She also spotted for 2 days right after we had sex.
 Mari_a - Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:11 am

I had protected sex with my boyfriend 2 days after my period, but while making love I observed little spot of pre-cum trapped under the condom ... it was really close to the base so I am really worried that maybe pre-cum escaped the condom (the base was wet but that liquid could be from my body). I know that pre-cum can cause pregnancy, but being in the most infertile period, well i hope that chances are very low. The point is that I am freaking out. It's been 3 weeks from the event, and my period is due next week. Anyway i wanted to ask a professional about my problem.

I would appreciate if you could help me.

Thank you
 Debbie Miller, RN - Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:11 pm

Based on this information I would say your chances of pregnancy are extremely slim. The combined oral contraceptive (even though used imperfectly) along with the condom would give you about a 100% effective rate for preventing pregnancy. Add to that the lack of ejaculation and you should be pretty safe.

CowsGoOink - Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:46 pm

Sorry, I think you may have misread. I said I did NOT use a condom. Does that significantly impact my chances of her not being pregnant? On the other hand, I got more information. My girlfriend has been on the pill for 3 months. She also experience some light spotting the day right after we had sex. Her breasts are now a little sore, and she has some cramps but nothing major. She is also due on her period on may 1st. Today is April 24th. Could these symptoms be from her skipping pills or her upcoming period?
 heatherd2178 - Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:44 am

hi i am in a similar situation somewhat. I have 2 children i am 20 years old. One is 3 months. My first period after was on the 4 of april. i had unprotected sex the 18 of april and 3 days after i started to get cramps. Then a few more days i was a bit dizzy and my breasts started to have a tingly itchy feeling to them. i have lower back pain on my right side that has been there since he cramping started and niether have gone away yet. I also am going to the bathroom a little more and have a bit of a temper. I also have a craving for double cheeseburgers all the time. I was wondering when i could test for it to be accurate and your thoughts on the situation?
 fatz617@gmail.com - Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:31 am

Me and my bf had unprotected sex last week but it was hardly even on-going he put it in me for 2 to 3 mins. He did not ejaculate but im scared there was pre-cum. I was very paranoid so i took a higher dose of birth control since PLAN B is not available in my country for religious reasons. I took it the same day a couple of hours later. Mircogynon-30, 4 pills and another 4 - 12 hours later. Do you think i am safe? I am really scared. I didn't feel nauseous maybe only 2 days later i felt a bit dizzy and tired. Is this due to the pills? Does precum contain sperm? Please let me know awaiting your reply.
 RAiiRaii - Mon May 04, 2009 2:13 pm

hi im 19 a mum of one and i think i might be pregnant im having frequent headaches and i feel sick a lil all the tme. especially when im cooking and eating lol
i have a hard and very seeable bump ( when i was pregnant with my son i was huge at 8 weeks and i stayed that size till about 1 weeks and then grew more my son was 9pnd 4) i also had pre-eclamsia when i had my son at 38 weeks i eep avin an ache in my lower back and top of my tummy. i missd a period bu im not alays on every month i do have irregular periods. i justwanted some advice on weather i will be ok to have another i had a csection with my son 2 and a half years ago and now im rli worried about the outcome of this pregnncy on te front of VBAC and pre-eclampsia please get in touch asap ? Raii X
 megcrochet - Tue May 05, 2009 8:31 pm

I began my last period on April 5. On the last day of it (the 10th) my boyfriend and I had sex (using a condom). On May 2, I began to notice spotting. Not a lot, just enough to be visible when I wiped. It began as dark red clots, then ended on the 4th as brown, dried blood. I was supposed to get my period around the 2nd. It still has not come. I also have been under a lot of stress. I just finished finals at school, moved out of my dorm and went back home, and I've had a pretty drastic change in diet. Should I be concerned that I may be pregnant?
 Ahuva - Wed May 06, 2009 11:36 am

Hi there.
i just took a pregnancy test which came out positive. Yipee!! now, is it possible to feel cramping during this beginning time? i thought i was getting my period b/c i was feeling cramping and i was counting my luteal phase. when i went 2 days past the time i was expecting my period i took a preg test which came out positive. however, i still feel a little cramping a few times a day and during the night. does this mean that its not a good pregnancy?
 PNN - Tue May 12, 2009 9:30 am

Am 24 years old virgin Grl..am still engaged without any sex i use to masterbute (jst massaging without entering anything) for about 10 years ...lately found my right labia minor got larger..and I lost the pleasure feeling I had the first time...but what am really concerned is if this will affect having a baby later on or what
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sat May 16, 2009 1:07 am

User avatar Hello CowsGoOink,

I apologize for not reading carefully. The symptoms you describe could be caused by hormones and may be just because she will be starting her period. If she has been taking the pill, that alone is typically adequate protection against pregnancy. Missing pills does mean some risk that ovulation could occur.

Have her take a pregnancy test if her period does not start near the expected time.

Best wiahes
 Maacri - Sun May 17, 2009 12:12 pm

Dear ma'am,
I seriously need your help, and i am really tensed.
My periods stopped on tuesday and I had sex with my boyfriend for the first time on wednesday , and we had sex again on thursday, and i took a birth control pill on thursday. Then we had sex on sunday(unprotected), but this time he did not ejaculate inside me. But since we had 3 or four times, there is a chance that a little must have got inside my vagina.
Is there a chance of me getting pregnant? I am really freaked out, as I have no previous experience and no one to ask. Please help.
 princessla - Fri May 22, 2009 6:24 am

Hi there

I have been on femodene for 3 years I went off it in December 08 until May 09, I was having my regular periods and on the 29 April 09 I started back on Femodene and took my period on the 30th April as I did not want to have my period as I was going away on a girl holiday. This seemed to lighten my normal period and then it stopped, then on the 7th May I went off the pill (I did not finish my course)I then took my withdrawal bleed a day or two later for one week and it was heavier than normal since then we have been having unprotected sex for try for a baby, my normal period should be due today but it isn't what do you think my chances of pregnancy are? I'm 26.
 collegedesigner - Sun May 31, 2009 5:04 pm

I am 20 years old and my boyfriend and I last had sex on the 26th of May. My last period was on the 6th of may. We use a condom every time and I am on the pill as well. The problem is, since I've been home from college, I have been forgetting to take the pill at the same time everyday, and missed 2 days, so I followed the directions on the pack and took it as soon as I remembered, or took 2 at the same time. On the 27th or the 28th of May, I noticed a brown, sticky discharge when I wiped and now today it is more like brown spotting. I have read sites where this is a big sign of pregnancy. I am also fairly gassy and experiencing slight cramps/pains in my abdomen. I am supposed to get my period June 3rd. Please Help! Can I really be this unlucky?!
 Diamond1876 - Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:36 pm

I am dying for some answers right now! My last period was May 24 and i have taken three home pregnancy tests which all came back negative, but for about the last five days i started to have a pink discharge when i wipe after urinating. About the third day it was red blood with very small cloths when i wipe or jus little spots in my under wear. Am i pregnant? i feel fine, i only have frequent urination at times no other signs. Please help me!
 Sunny6421 - Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:32 pm

Hello I'm 18 years old and My Boyfriend and I have never performed sex. I'm on the pill but when we were rubbing on one another but he sliped and the head of his penis entered me, and he told me that he thinks he might have released some sperm into me. This was on Saturday so I took a spare pill afterwards because I was scared that I would fall pregnant (I know that this is not recomended). I also took Sunday's pill and Monday's however on Tuesday I started taking the pills to begin my period (because I've heard that you can't fall pregnant when you have our period). It is now Wednes day 14 October and I and my Boyfriend are quite worried, that we have created a child. Could you please help me?

bh25 - Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:59 pm

i have taken 3 test and im 2 weeks late for my peroid. ive taken a equatetest and the first window is a very very very light line like this -- and then the other one is very dark they all have been showing up like this.. ive been more tired and wanting to eat more then i usal do help??
 Christine18 - Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:04 pm

Okay..so i am Christine and i am 18.. I have a question.. i Started my period the 26 of september and me and my boyfriend have sexual intercourse everynight. and it is oct 22 and i am still bleeding.. i have not got off every now and then i just lightey bleed could i be pregnant?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:20 am

User avatar Hello Sunny,
I would be very much surprised if you became pregnant from what you describe here. With birth control pills, even if he did ejaculate inside your vagina, the chances are very slim of pregnancy. If you haven't had your withdrawal bleed when you feel you should have, take a home pregnancy test. They are quite reliable within about a week after you miss your "period". There are other reasons women frequently miss periods so try not to worry too much.

Debbie Miller, RN - Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:24 am

User avatar Hi Christine,
Ongoing bleeding is not a typical sign of pregnancy. You did not mention if you are on any kind of birth control, which of course would decrease your risk considerably.

Bleeding can be hormonal, caused by trauma to the tissues from rough sex or from infection so it is good to have it checked out. If you are on oral contraceptives, this could need adjustment or a different prescription.

ABC1023 - Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:24 pm

I have been taking my pill regularly for about 5 months. I have had my menstrual cycle regularly ever since i started taking the pill, but this month it has not come. I have taken a pregnancy test and it came back negative. I have made an appointment with my doctor for next week. What could be the cause of my missed menstrual cycle?
 Abhorsen1991 - Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:02 pm

I attempted to start my own thread but it mustn't have been allowed :(
me and my girlfriend had unprotected sex almost a dozen times on sunday but I never ejaculated inside her. I thought things would be ok because she's on the pill (not sure what brand but the have weak side effects?). as well as this she is on antibiotics which "weaken the strength" of the pill

she started on the antibiotics two weeks before we had sex.
will ovulation have occurred?
what are the chances that she is pregnant?
it being wednesday tomorrow is it too late to take the morning after pill?
please reply as soon as possible

thank you
 Brown_j - Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:23 pm

Hello, i previously had sex with my boyfriend. We had sex about 3 times in the 2 week before the last week of October. But around that time my period was due to come. We used condoms sometimes. The last time that we had sex we used a condom but he felt something dripping from outside of the condom when he took it off. He said that it was from me since it was from the outside. There was no holes or breaks in the condom. The 24th was the day i actually came on my period. Today is the 29 and my stomach has been feeling a little weird. It feels like butterflies or nerves. I feel nauseous but i don't throw up. That's the only symptom that recognize. Is it possible for me to be pregnant or I am just thinking that I am...
 baby_silver89 - Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:06 pm

So my boyfriend and I are trying to get pregnant. So we tried to figure out when i ovulate soo i had my period on the 18 and we figured out that i would ovulate on the 2nd of this month.So we had intercourse on the seconf=d and he came inside me and the he put a pillow under my lower back for about 30 minutes. Two or three days passed and i see some sperm or something on my panties. Does that mean all the sperm came out so i wont be pregnant?Or what are the chances of me being pregnant.
 baby_silver89 - Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:48 am

Well my boyfriend and I started having unprotected sex for the last 3 months.
We've been trying to get pregnant but we havent had any luck. So a few days ago when I think I was ovulating(on the 2nd, because i got my period on October 18) we had intercourse. And when we were done he put a pillow under my lower back so it can help the sperm go down quicker. But since i get my period irregularly Im not sure when I can find out if im pregnant or not.

But what I want to know is what are the chances of me being pregnant?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:04 pm

User avatar Dear ABC...
Missed periods are quite common when on oral contraceptives. It can happen at any time and usually it is not significant. Of course there is about a 1% chance of pregnancy while on the pill so if you suspect that, take a pregnancy test but if negative, don't worry about not having a period - these are not true periods anyway, but actually withdrawal bleeds when the hormone is stopped for a week.

Debbie Miller, RN - Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:08 pm

User avatar Dear Abhorsen,

Do not worry about taking antibiotics while on the pill. There is one form of antibiotic which is mostly used for TB that has this effect. This caused people to worry that others would also but this fear has not proven to be so. She should be protected with the pill and you should not need plan B.

I'm sorry I didn't get an answer sooner. Since your question was buried in this other thread it did not get attention. Hopefully you got your answer when you needed it.

Debbie Miller, RN - Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:11 pm

User avatar Dear Brown J

Condoms often have moisture on the outside due to the natural lubrication your vagina has. If the condom was intact, you should be safe. Having a period after this is further reassurance that you are not pregnant. There are many reasons for uneasy feelings but I don't think pregnancy is one of those for you.

Debbie Miller, RN - Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:19 pm

Your chances of pregnancy are just about like anyone's - it's kind of luck of the draw. But, the fact that you noticed discharge on your panties does not mean you lost sperm. Hundreds or thousands of sperm are released and it only takes one for pregnancy. The seminal fluid is also present, as well as your normal vaginal discharge so leaking of fluid is not at all uncommon but it is completely unrelated to pregnancy achievement. Most fertile couples having regular intercourse are able to become pregnant within the year but not necessarily when they plan for it, even when they accurately predict the day of ovulation. Sometimes the egg just isn't fertilized.

When sperm is deposited deep in the vagina, they start swimming upward toward the cervix. If all goes well, a sperm meets up with the egg, fertilization occurs and then implantation. As the embryo develops you get signs of pregnancy due to hormones (hcg) but even then, the pregnancy can be lost if implantation does not work out or there are chromosomal abnormalities that cause the fetus to stop developing. It's a matter of patience to see what happens.

damaris1130 - Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:54 pm

hi, im a first timer in this website and hopefully soemone can give me some type of help. well i was with my ex just once and as i tell you my story maybe you can tell me the chances of me being pregnant, i went to his house and i remember him going to the bathroom urinating and taking a shower just before we went to his room. we then started foreplay and i remember him grabbing my hand and making him touch his male area, right after that he penetrated maybe a couple of seconds and ran to get a condom but we never continued because someone knocked at his door we never finished should i worry i may be pregnant.
 rl2010 - Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:51 am

OK I REALLY NEED HELP PLEASE HELP I don't WANNA BE PREGNANT!! I AM MARRIED N HAVE BEEN MARRIED FOR A YEAR NOW MY HUSBAND LIVES IN MEXICO N I LIVE IN TEXAS....I WENT TO VISIT HIM LAST WEEK I LEFT FRIDAY(FIRST DAY OF MY PERIOD) GOT THERE SATURDAY MORNING N LEFT WEDNESDAY(LAST DAY OF MY PERIOD) WE HAD SEX EVERYDAY I WAS THERE (I KNOW ITS DISGUSTING BUT IVE ONLY GONE TO VISIT HIM ABOUT 3 TIMES SINCE WE'VE BEEN MARRIED) N HE EJACULATED INSIDE ME 3DAYS IN A ROW....IS IT POSSIBLE FOR ME TO GET PREGNANT AND IF IT SO HOW LIKELY IS IT???? IM NOT ON BIRTH CONTROL(NEVER HAVE BEEN) AND I HAVE A VERY REGULAR PERIOD.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:02 am

User avatar To Damaris,
Pregnancy under these circumstances would be quite unusual but there is the possibility that there could be leaking of seminal fluid that could be present when he penetrated you, and there is a remote chance of pregnancy. If in doubt, do a test if you miss your period.

To rl2010,
You would have been in the safe zone when pregnancy would not likely occur. It does happen, though rarely. Starting with your first menstrual day, the usual period of fertility is somewhere between days 9 and 18 so I would guess that you missed it. Try to relax at this point since emotional stress and worry can interfere with your cycle and provide another cause of a missed period.

unknowing - Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:34 am

I have been on birth control now for more than six years. I originally went on it for irregular periods. I now get my period pretty regularly, and if it is late I will usually get it by the 4th day of the sugar pills. My last period was 5 days early, which has never hapened to me before. Now I am 11 days late for my period. My boyfriend and I use condoms, but the few times we have not, we use the "pull out" method. I did have the flu a month and a half ago and was on Tamaflu, but other than that I have not taken any medications. I have taken 2 pregnancy tests and they have both come back negative. I do not really believe I could be pregnant, but I don't know why else my period would be late. It seems like I have been more tired than usual, but that is the only symptom, other than the late period, that I have been reading about. Do I have a reason to worry? Thanks for any advice.
 kremez - Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:23 am

Here's my story. I had sex with a girl who's only 14 years old (and this was her first time) and I was not wearing a condom. And yes, I was aware of pre-ejaculation. But since I had no condom, I pulled out every time I ejaculated. Yes, every time, which means I put it back in and ejaculated about two times I believe, but not in her. I'm pretty sure, though, some of the sperm cells had went in her. Might I also add that this happened about two to two and a half weeks before her next period. It happened on the 14th of Decemeber and she's told me her next period was either the end of December or the beginning of January. So, I just want to get an estimate of the chances of her being pregnant. Can someone PLEASE help me out.
 tb79 - Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:12 am

I'm 30 with nearly 10 yrs of celibacy. I had a normal period the week before Christmas 2009. Christmas night, I had an encounter with a guy where a bit of his semen was on my thumb. I laid my hand on his pant leg afterward and maybe 5-10 minutes later went to the bathroom, used the facilities and upon wiping, my thumb accidentally touched my clitoris (by now the semen seemed nearly dry on my thumb).

I washed my hands after and then later (maybe 4 hrs later) took a shower and pretty much scrubbed myself pink.

Any chance of pregnancy with my thumb touching my clitoris if it has dried/drying semen on it? THERE WAS NO PENETRATION...I don't trust anyone enough to have intercourse.
 renegirl31 - Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:31 pm

I have been on birthcontrol for 5 months now, and it was working well my period was very regular. i havent missed any pills, altho i have taken some later in the day. will this effect anything? because one day when i did take it late i ended up having sex with my boyfriend. and since that day i have been having terrible cramps and im late on my period. and the day after sex, i bled for a little while. i havent had morning sickness. or any other signs that i know of, but my cramps are really starting to hurt. am i pregnant?
 ssquires852 - Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:16 pm

Okay with the plan b pill is it still effective if its crushed up and disolved in water to drink? The box doesn't state anywhere if it isn't cuz we dropped it in water on accident and she took it anyways? It was the morning after, and she did have spotting a week later for a day I think, so do u think it worked
 williasy - Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:28 am

Hi, I am wondering what my chances of being pregnant are with the following situation and symptoms. I have not been sexually active since the middle of December and have regular periods on my birth control(Ocella) since then, until this month, February. I was suppose to have had my period about a week ago because that was when I was on my sugar pills, but I didn't and had very little to no spotting even. I was wondering if this meant I may be pregnant and what should I do? Please give me some insight as to why I may have missed my period this month but not last month after I had had intercourse?
Thanks!
 pixiedust - Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:49 pm

i would like to know the chances of being pregnant.
I have 20 days delay of my period. But few days before my period i drunk a lot of lemonade to delay it for 2-3 days as i read that this is working. Could the delay being caused from that??
 invitationally - Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:51 am

hi im 32 i had the copper coil out on the 28th janurary 2010 and me and my husband have been having sex ever since now im due for my period yesterday 28th feb 2010 i feel bloated and my breasts are tender under neath i toom a pregnancie test this morning 1 march and i had a strong blue line but a faint line down going down the middle please advice

invitationally
 confusedandcurious - Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:35 pm

My last actual period was Jan 2, I had unprotected sex around the time I was supposed to be ovulating. On the 3rd of this month I started bleeding but it wasn't like my normal period it was light and I usually bleed like a gutted animal on the first days. I've had some pregnancy symptoms, like hot flashes, sore breast, tiredness and some nausea (no throwing up).I took a hpt Feb 13 and it was negative but I still feel like something isn't right. I still get the nausea and some random hot flashes.
 MrPotato - Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:49 am

Hey,

I have a little problem. One night, I masturbated and washed my hands, but didn't take a shower. My girlfriend came over the next day. While fooling around with clothes on, I touched my penis multiple times. I fingered her after touching it. Is there any chance that I could get her pregnant from this? I don't remember whether or not I had pre ejaculation on my penis or hand. I definitely did not ejaculate at the time (just the night before), but I'm still worried about pre ejaculation. Also, (slightly off topic), can a man feel when he's about to pre ejaculate?

Thanks.
 valadala - Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:37 pm

Hi Im 26 years old me and my husbund trying for a baby now for a 8 month, we had two pregnancyes which endit very early miscarage ( chemical pregnancy ) What are my chances to get pregnant and have healthy baby and is it time to go to doctors and do some tests? give me some advice please! don't know what to do!

Thank you!
 SICKOFTHIS - Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:25 pm

hi i'm 20 years old and i have a boyfriend i've been dating for over a year now and we are sexually active. I have been using the pill for over a year now and have never missed a pill. MY problem is last month my period was a little late and it was little. so a week or more later i took a twp pregnancy test and it came back negative both. so this month my period came on time this month and and was little in beginning like usual but it stopped the next day. I'm wondering what is wrong with me... could i be pregnant
 prccgirl - Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:51 pm

i had my period at the beginning of may 2010. two weeks later after sex i had spotting not like my normal period. I'm almost two weeks past due for my period but the pregnancy test keep saying negative. I have gained weight, increase on my thirst, breast tenderness, etc. Could i be pregnant even though the test keep saying negative???
 Stephy_18 - Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:54 pm

I'm 18, My boyfriend and i have been trying for a baby for about 7 months now. I have this strong feeling that i am pregnant right now, but I've taken 4 hpts (3 back in march then the 4th just 3 days ago) and they all said no. My last normal period was Feb 6-12th. I did bleed a little in Mar the 16-20 . Then in April i was bleeding very little on the 22nd then the 23rd heavy, spotted very little on the 24th and 25th. Then May 20th that night when i went to the bathroom and wiped their was a little light pink blood. It also happened the 21st and ended the 22nd that afternoon. Here in June it happened again just 4 days ago and it only lasted a couple hours... I've had pregnancy symptoms like nausea at the beginning , the last 2 months i had killer headaches, tired all the time, constipation, peeing a lot, always wanting food, At the beginning my breast hurt, now they are feeling heavy and tender when you tell in some places, My boyfriend says the area around my nipples has gotten a little darker.
My side of the family is not supported about this at all, so they are always telling me to give up that I'm not pregnant. But his side of the family is supported and keep telling me never to give up, That i know my body better then anyone else.
Please can you help me figure this out. Should i go get a blood test done? But what if thats a no, then what do i do?
 SU15 - Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:24 pm

I had my period like the begining of this month for (june 1-3) and had sex with condoms on june 5th and i had un protacted sex on june 9 and 10th. but on the 18th I had another period till the next day(19th). I use tampons. I always chenge it everytime i go to restroom. yea there were blood there at first brown is color to liitle red trhe next day. ALso i took a pregnancy test on the 19th kate nite and it said negative. so am i pregnant? was it implantation bleeding? or i just had 2 periods for this month and never happen before. im not taking any birth control. so should i do??? I have been having headache and yes once a while i feel like weird on my stomach but i thought i was just hungry and i just want to eat something sweet all the time and i knw i will be this way before my period come. Please help me wht to do?? thanks
 GenesisV - Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:58 pm

Hi. My concern is:
I have been using patches for 2 months, now I am on period(I was irregular, but after using the patches I been regular) the thing is that yesterday (2nd day) I had sex without using protection and boyfriend ejaculated inside me, could I be pregnant?, what symptoms could I get (like... could it happen that I stop been in my days(or bleed less)? or if I continue been on them should I be less worried?) and another thing should I continue using the patches next week?
Thank you.
 TerriFied1 - Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:39 pm

hi, my question or situation is i broke up with my fiance because of his infidelity and i had sexual intercourse with another man on may 29th (protected) but the condom broke...I came on my period on june 7th-12th it started of light almost as if i were spotting but around the 10th it was heavy bleeding usually my period is the reverse also i was taking birth control pills but hadn't been taking them for about a month around this time and during the time of my period my fiance and i went on a small vacation to try and patch things up and had intercourse during my menstrual and have been having intercourse since then..it is now july 8th and if i calculated right im a couple of days late..i plan on taking a test in the morning...if i am pregnant is their a chance that the incident on may 29th is the reason for my pregnancy? :-(

i was taken to a point i never wanted to go and i'm hoping u have an answer for me i'm so disappointed in myself...thank you in advance.
 Nicole_90 - Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:54 pm

So I've been on birth control for about 2 years and take the pill everyday. Well me and my boyfriend were fooling around and he did stick his penis inside me. But he stopped before he ejaculated. He even went and checked and nothing was on his penis. But I was still worried so about 70 hours later I took 2step plan b. I took both pills when I was suppose to. This happened about a week before my period was due. Then I had a regular period. Wasn't any litter than usual. Just a little longer but it lasted as long as my pills said I would. It's been about a month and I'm freaking out. Is there any way I'm pregnant?
 oilers15 - Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:37 pm

Hi i am 19 years old and i have been taking the same birthcontrol since i was 14 years old. i have never had 2 periods or spotting in the same month ever. the only times it has happened is when i try and "skip" my period.

I have not done that this time and i had my last period starting Wed June 23 ending Sun June 27 and it is now July 10 and i had the brown color thats before the red of your period has come today, and its quite heavy. I have no idea what is going on because this has never happened before.

Although i did do something different this time, not on purpose just happened.
On June 10 my boyfriend had hernia surgery and needed to recover so we havent had sex, but starting last friday we have had sex twice daily til today.
On the 3rd sugar pill of my pack is when my period starts (everytime for 5 yrs)
- june 17 is when i stopped taking the pill and missed like 4 or 5 of them. so when i realized that i had missed them i just took 2 then just threw everything else out. (don't no why i took 2 i just wasnt thinking)

So im really worried that its either 1 of 2
1- that i messed up my pills therefore it messed up my period or
2- that because i mixed them up that me and my bf having sex with out protection actually got me pregnant?

very confused and would love some help with this please.
 lsmrrsn - Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:05 pm

ok in april i had a miscarrage, had a normal period in june,4th 2010 also had a short period around the 18th or 19th of june now comes july thought i should have had a period around the 4th of july here it is the 11th of july and nothing my boobs have been very tender for about a week and a half, i don't have any indication of my period starting, except i am very sleepy. when i have sex with my bf, we sometimes use protection, and sometimes we don't, should i take a test or is there something wrong with me
 xXxhelpxXx - Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:40 am

I had my period last monday, it lasted for four days. On the Sunday I had unprotected sexual intercourse - how likely is it that I am pregnant ?

P.s-had to write on here as wasn't too sure how to write my own question.
 Kwassie - Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:23 am

Hi

Me and my boyfriend had protected sex, but the condom broke without us noticing.
This was the day before my period started. Is there still a chance of me falling pregnant?
 princess_mango - Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:53 pm

hi i'm a 22 yr old chick and i am just wandering i normally get my periods in the 1st week of every month and still havn't got it and i did a pee test and it came back negative just wandering if its to early to tell or r there other reason y i havnt got my periods
 stephie;marie - Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:01 am

Hello. my name is stephanie. one question. i got my period on the 22 of june. had sex around july 4 and 5 den on july 7 and 8. the guy came inside of me? what are my chances of getting pregnant? and if so. when can i get a home pregnancy test done to make sure
 jped - Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:20 pm

My husband ( 39yrs old) and I (23 yrs. Old) were recently married, June 26th 2010. We are trying to conceive. I was on the pill for awhile, but went off it in February of this year. I went on the pill mainly to try to keep my cycles regular, and succeeded. Now that I have been off, I’m back to my irregular cycles. I had a period in Feb, March, and the middle of June. My husband and I had unprotected sex a few days before our wedding, and pretty consistently the week after. My most recent period was from June 13-18. I am not sure when I ovulate, as I have irregular cycles and never had much luck with the ovulation predictor kits. But the 4/5th of July, when I went to the bathroom and wiped, there was a brown discharge on my toilet paper, that I guess would refer to spotting. So, I used a tampon expecting my period to come, woke up the next morning, and other than a little bit of that brown substance, nothing else was on it. It is now the 14th, and still nothing (granted that I’m never sure when my next period will start). I’ve also had all the symptoms of what I believe to be pregnancy…. Cramps, bloating, fatigue, nausea, dizziness, mood swings, backache, just “feeling” pregnant, sore breasts with blue veins running across…. Etc. I also know that these signs might also be signs of pre-period, as I sometimes get these ‘symptoms’ without ever getting my period(it normally skips a month or two; at least). But its been about a week and a half of these symptoms, and they never normally last this long. I have taken several pregnancy tests, all coming back negative. Is there a chance I may be pregnant, or is it just wishful thinking (because I’m never sure when the next period will start). Should I test again with the at home tests, get blood work done, and when? Any advice will be appreciated, its all so confusing!
 diamond12 - Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:10 pm

I had sex with my boyfriend and took Next CHoice the day after. However i had a reaction to it and was in the hospital for four days so the doctor told me not even to take the 2nd dose the 12 hours after the first dose.. So i only took the first one... a week later i got my period and on the 2nd or 3rd day of my period my boyfriend and i had sex again and he came inside me.. Is there a chance of me being pregnant?
 diamond12 - Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:20 pm

I took the pill on july 6th had my period on july 12 but had sex with my bf on the 14th and he came inside me is there a chance of being pregnant. If so what are the chances.
 kimmily06 - Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:03 pm

Hi I had unprotected sex last month (June) took plan b and had my period the next week. My period was
Regular and lasted 4 to 5 days. Now it's July, my boobs have been tender and I've felt nauseous here and there. Is there a possibility I could be pregnant? I'm worried and maybe the stess is delaying it so it would be helpful to get an answer so I'm not so worried. Thanks.
 katherine1985 - Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:29 am

hi,

ok, from my calculations i am over a week late for my period.

i have been taking the pill for years now but i recently only took half a pack of my contraceptive pill too try and delay my period by a few days, i thought this would be fine and my period would come a few days late but it never came. i have had sex with my partner in the last month and it as been unprotected sex due to being on the pill.
due to me taking the pill like i did would this delay my period like it as done???
 allforone - Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:16 pm

I had sex yesterday and he told me that he had cum. Afterwards there was no cum in the condom, but then he came about 10 mins later onto my hand. I'm not sure if it was possible that he came inside me or not but I decided that tomorrow I should get the morning after pill. However, I think I might be on my period tomorrow. What i want to know is, if I have my period tomorrow, is there any way I could still be pregnant from having sex last night?
 girl1708 - Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:14 pm

so i had unprotected sex 2 days in to my period and it will end on friday is there a chance i can be come preganant .. also i had a misscaridge in june of 09 and a abortion in november 09 do i have a higher risk