Question: 18 yrs old no sex drive

ridic - Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:19 pm

i am 18 yrs old and supposed to be at my sexual peak, instead, i have no sex drive, barely masturbate, and this is causing many problems with my girlfriend whom i am very attracted to. i have been like this since i broke up with my last girlfriend. is it low sperm count? please help
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:38 am

User avatar Low sperm count is not related to sex drive. People can be sterile and still have a strong drive and vice versa. You can be very fertile and have no sex drive. It is a very individual thing for each person.

Having sex is a very complex thing and the relationship itself has a lot of bearing on it, including fear of pregnancy, disease, performance anxiety, etc.

I would not worry about it too much and try doing other things to enhance your relationship. I hope you do not feel pressured to have sex in order to have a meaningful relationship. There is a good chance that the sex drive will evolve naturally over time. If not you could see a doctor to see if you could benefit from some treatment but it seems very early to be overly concerned about this.

Good luck
 ridic - Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:54 am

thank you, i hope it will evolve as well. i heard that this can ebb and flow, and the thing is i had no problem a year ago when me and my last girlfriend broke up. i just wanted to know if this was normal. thank you for your time, its so admirable of you to continue your work as a nurse outside of your job
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:48 am

User avatar You are most welcome.