Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: 18 yrs old no sex drive

ridic - Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:19 pm

i am 18 yrs old and supposed to be at my sexual peak, instead, i have no sex drive, barely masturbate, and this is causing many problems with my girlfriend whom i am very attracted to. i have been like this since i broke up with my last girlfriend. is it low sperm count? please help
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:38 am

User avatar Low sperm count is not related to sex drive. People can be sterile and still have a strong drive and vice versa. You can be very fertile and have no sex drive. It is a very individual thing for each person.

Having sex is a very complex thing and the relationship itself has a lot of bearing on it, including fear of pregnancy, disease, performance anxiety, etc.

I would not worry about it too much and try doing other things to enhance your relationship. I hope you do not feel pressured to have sex in order to have a meaningful relationship. There is a good chance that the sex drive will evolve naturally over time. If not you could see a doctor to see if you could benefit from some treatment but it seems very early to be overly concerned about this.

Good luck
 ridic - Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:54 am

thank you, i hope it will evolve as well. i heard that this can ebb and flow, and the thing is i had no problem a year ago when me and my last girlfriend broke up. i just wanted to know if this was normal. thank you for your time, its so admirable of you to continue your work as a nurse outside of your job
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:48 am

User avatar You are most welcome.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us