Forum Name: Female Sexual Disorders

Question: 2+ week period

Anette - Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:35 am

I'm 18 years old and turning 19 in November. My period has always lasted 5-6 days and I keep a record of all the dates that I am on it. However, my current period has been going on for over two weeks. It started on October 3 and it is now the 22nd. It isn't as heavy as it usually is but I am definetly still on period. Do you know any reason why this would happen or what I should do?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:30 pm

User avatar It happens to almost all women at times and it is caused by hormonal fluctuation. Hormones are not constant, they vary with the individual and month to month. If it continues much longer you may want to have it checked with a doctor who could probably get it stopped before you lose too much blood. This would be unusual with just one episode but if it continues a few months could lead to anemia.