Doctors Lounge - Fertility Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Fertility Answers List

Forum Name: Female Sexual Disorders

Question: 2+ week period

Anette - Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:35 am

I'm 18 years old and turning 19 in November. My period has always lasted 5-6 days and I keep a record of all the dates that I am on it. However, my current period has been going on for over two weeks. It started on October 3 and it is now the 22nd. It isn't as heavy as it usually is but I am definetly still on period. Do you know any reason why this would happen or what I should do?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:30 pm

User avatar It happens to almost all women at times and it is caused by hormonal fluctuation. Hormones are not constant, they vary with the individual and month to month. If it continues much longer you may want to have it checked with a doctor who could probably get it stopped before you lose too much blood. This would be unusual with just one episode but if it continues a few months could lead to anemia.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us