Doctors Lounge - Fertility Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Fertility Answers List

Forum Name: Female Sexual Disorders

Question: anal sex & previous anal fissure

Cherry - Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:20 pm

I am a married 47 year old female who 3yrs.ago had anal fissure surgery due to problems (constipation & diarrhea )with my bowels for several years (no actual diagnoses other than needing alot of fiber in my diet). Since surgery, bowels have been much better (regular extra fiber intake). Want to try anal sex but have been warned by friends that it could be bad or possibly dangerous for me due to past anal problem. I have had digital penatration from my husband and enjoyed it and wanted to try more. Please advise
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:28 pm

User avatar If it were me, given your history, it would not be worth it to try this. Only you know how much pain it caused and what you might be getting yourself into.

The mucous membrane of the rectum is not as thick as the vagina and so it is more vulnerable to tearing. Then, given the nature of the stool it is also more prone to bacterial infection.

If you decide to go for it your partner must be very gentle, with no forced penetration and/or vigorous thrusting. Use lots of lubrication (not saliva). Make sure your partner is in agreement that he will stop immediately if you feel pain and ask him to do so. Don't shift from anal sex back to vaginal sex without changing condoms. Feces can end up in the vagina and cause infections. And please wash your hands with soap and water after.

You will have to decide for yourself on this one.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us