Forum Name: Female Sexual Disorders

Question: Pains after intercourse & vaginal dryness

ella - Sun Mar 09, 2003 11:59 am

I'm 25 and up until recently I had been taking a contraceptive pill from the age of 16. Over the last year or so I have been having problems with vaginal dryness and after intercourse I have a very slite odour (not fishy!!) and a feeling of being swollen around my vagina.

I stopped taking the pill in the first week of January 2003 as I am trying for a baby. I am wonderig is the pain after intercourse and dryness something which could be preventing me getting pregnant?

I have been thinking about going to the doctors but I am very worried about what I might find out.
:(
 DeLWolcott - Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:29 am

Decrease in vaginal fluid comes with age, but could also have other causes. It would be a good idea to see your physician to make sure that everything is in balance hormone-wise.

I wish you success!