Doctors Lounge - Fertility Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Fertility Answers List

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: Penis stinks after masturbating, but not after sex

bukowksi - Sat Oct 27, 2007 7:44 pm

I'm a 30 yr old male. After I masturbate my body smells very strongly of fishy semen & I can't get rid of the smell by washing. It smells even worse the day after. The smell also is strong in the room I wank in. I sometimes use lube, sometimes my own spit, or no lube at all. Varying degrees of friction make no difference. I'm vegetarian, exercise regularly and drink lots of water. I've had this problem for at least 12 years. I'm a very fussy clean person, so it's not a lack of washing, I shower once daily. 2 or even 3 showers will not help the smell go away. I've tried soap/no soap & antibacterial soap.
I'm in a relationship & the stange thing is that when I have sex (as opposed to masturbating) the smell is not strong or unpleasant at all. I've been tested for STDs and diabetes & got the all clear. I don't know why it smells bad after wanking and not after sex. Could it be bacteria on my hands? I took a lot of antibiotics for acne in my teens. Any ideas?? Thanks.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:47 am

User avatar I have no idea why this is happening. You could consult with a urologist or, if it is that unpleasant, stop masturbating. At least you aren't experiencing this problem when you have sex otherwise and many people function just fine, living happy, fulfilled lives without masturbation. Just a thought.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us