Question: excessive masterbation

olderguy - Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:20 pm

How are you? Im 45 and need a question answered.I am in a relationship and we haven't had sex until last night.I have never had a problem in all my years.and had a major one last night.I couldn't get an erection to save my life. Since I have been in this relationship 5 months now I have been masturbating 3-5 times a day I noticed a few months back while masturbating to much that I even had a hard time getting an erection so I stopped masturbating and within 4 days everything returned to normal .So I figured it was ok and started masturbating again. Does over masturbating like I have been doing effect my sex drive? and what do I have to do to correct this its bothering me that it happened like this and the woman I am with thinks she doesn't excite me when in fact she does Ive also heard about eating a different diet and exercising helps I'm not going to masturbate for awhile now so I can recoup.like I said it was 3-5 times a day for a few months now and I had a problem with an erection and keeping it hard please help me with this
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:14 pm

User avatar Some people do report that excessive masturbation does interfere with arousal when they are with their partner. This might be especially true if you use pornography for stimulation and excitement. This false sense of sexuality can sometimes leave you feeling like something is missing in a real woman. This may not be conscious, but it could be having an effect.

I think you are wise to discontinue the masturbation in an effort to get into a more normal sexual arousal and gratification cycle. If this does the trick I think you have your answer. If not, I would talk to a doctor. You may be a candidate for Viagra, Cialis or Levitra.