Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: Pain when urinating after intercourse

 natash77 - Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:24 pm

I am a 31 year old male and me and fiance had intercourse last night while she was on her menstual. After intercourse I went to urinate I felt a burning sensation. Now this morning and every time I urinate I feel this burning sensation what could be the cause? I feel like I strain something, like tube right under my penis.This is the first time this have ever happen. We have never had any STDs before and we haven't had any outside affairs.
 natash77 - Sun Nov 04, 2007 4:45 pm

Its also making me have to urinate alot. What could this be?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:23 pm

User avatar I don't know what could cause this unless you somehow acquired a urinary tract infection, which is unusual in men. If this continues, see your doctor.

Good luck.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us