Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: Low morphology

 doitnow1234 - Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:20 pm

I had a semen analysis and my doctor said that I had 1% of good sperm according to the Kruger Morphology Test. He said it should be 4% to be able to get my wife pregnant. I am 32 years old and I have a few children with my wife but have been trying to have more children for the past few years. My question is as follows, when we have sex, my wife often squeezes my testicles pretty hard. Can that have decreased the morphology percent? And if so, is it permamnent or can it get better in a few months if she stops?

Thank You,
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:13 am

User avatar That would not affect the morphology of sperm. It may be worthwhile to consider a procedure with a fertility specialist to achieve this pregnancy. it sounds like you have already begun to investigate this.

Good luck.
 doitnow1234 - Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:47 pm

Thanks for your reply. Is there anything that would affect the morphology? (other than drugs).
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:21 pm

User avatar Nothing that I can think of. You are right about drugs being the most likely to affect it adversely.
 doitnow1234 - Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:12 pm

I was told to check for a Varicocele. It is common and may effect the morphology. In order to diagnose it, I was told, they may need to do an ultrasound. I am embarrassed to ask this but is it ok if I get hard when they do an ultrasound? Even though its very serious for me , I think I may get aroused when the technician (especially if it is a woman) is looking down over there.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sat Nov 10, 2007 11:29 pm

User avatar It depends on the test, but it is possible they may need to check out the blood flow with an erection. But, don't worry about it. They do these regularly and they know how to achieve the state of the body that they need in order to get good diagnostic tests.
 doitnow1234 - Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:15 am

I wasn't clear enough. Is it possible that they don't want me to get an erection and I don't know if I can control it when they are poking around down there? Is there a way for them to make sure I don't get an erection?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:54 pm

User avatar Again, they are specialists in this area so they will be able to handle whatever situation arises (no pun intended).

Good luck.
 doitnow1234 - Sun May 11, 2008 9:48 am

Update: I did have an ultrasound and I do have a vericosele on both sides. I have read online ( "The Plain Facts About Varicocele" ) that it may be healed by doing the following three things.
1) Do not get an erection
2) Do alot of excersize, especially for the lower stomach, back, upper thighs and butt
3) Apply cold water twice a day (the colder the better).

I have controlled my erection for a week now which is very very difficult for me. But my question is about applying cold water . I have done that for a few days but I want to know if that is harmful in any way. If this doesnt work and my wife doesn't get pregnant within a few months, my urologist said that surgery would be an option. If this process of applying cold water works, i would rather suffer through that. Its not painful at all, just uncomfortable to have cold water down there. I really appreciate you help.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us