Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: Pain in penis for months!

 aandb - Sun Nov 11, 2007 2:22 pm

Before I begin, I should just say that it's not possible for it to be related to any sort of STD as I'm a virgin, and the only sexual activity taken place was between me and my long term girlfriend (who also has no sexual history). (ie. We've engaged in handjobs, mutual masturbation, etc.)

I am a 21 year old male. A few months ago, my girlfriend and I been feeling a little more silly than normal, and ended up getting off 3 times consecutively. (masturbation) The third time I felt a pain and since have had the following problem :

I randomly feel a sharp pain from the head to the base of my penis, and also often have a constant dull pain in the head as well. This normally occurs more often after ejaculating.

We figured at first that we'd overdone it, and so I abstained from getting off for about two weeks, but it didn't help. It's since been months, as I said above, and it hasn't gone away.

Any ideas what this could be, or how to fix the problem? Thank you in advance!
 Debbie Miller, RN - Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:13 pm

User avatar Any time you have chronic pain that lasts for months, it is wise to have it evaluated by a doctor. You could consult with a urologist on this. Meanwhile, resting couldn't hurt. I wish I could give you more information but I believe you will have to have this checked out physically.

Good luck.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us