Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site. 

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Male Sexual Disorders

Question: Pain in penis for months!

aandb - Sun Nov 11, 2007 2:22 pm

Before I begin, I should just say that it's not possible for it to be related to any sort of STD as I'm a virgin, and the only sexual activity taken place was between me and my long term girlfriend (who also has no sexual history). (ie. We've engaged in handjobs, mutual masturbation, etc.)

I am a 21 year old male. A few months ago, my girlfriend and I been feeling a little more silly than normal, and ended up getting off 3 times consecutively. (masturbation) The third time I felt a pain and since have had the following problem :

I randomly feel a sharp pain from the head to the base of my penis, and also often have a constant dull pain in the head as well. This normally occurs more often after ejaculating.

We figured at first that we'd overdone it, and so I abstained from getting off for about two weeks, but it didn't help. It's since been months, as I said above, and it hasn't gone away.

Any ideas what this could be, or how to fix the problem? Thank you in advance!
 Debbie Miller, RN - Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:13 pm

User avatar Any time you have chronic pain that lasts for months, it is wise to have it evaluated by a doctor. You could consult with a urologist on this. Meanwhile, resting couldn't hurt. I wish I could give you more information but I believe you will have to have this checked out physically.

Good luck.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us