Medical Specialty >> Reproductive Medicine

Doctors Lounge - Reproductive Medicine Answers

Back to Reproductive Medicine Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/16/2017.

Forum Name: Fertility

Question: Started without a condum and finished with plan b

spun_sugar20 - Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:21 am

I am a 21 year old female who had sex for the first time in 3 years on Friday/Saturday at 12am. I already have a 3 year old... We started without a condum but I made him put one on within 2 minutes of insertion. We finished with the condum on but I know there is such a thing as preejaculatory fluid so I took 4 ortho-cyclene (spelling on that?) pills within 2 hours and Plan B within 18 hours. My last period started on the 25th of October and I have a 30 day cycle. What are the chances I'm pregnant?
 Theresa Jones, RN - Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:24 am

User avatar Hi spun_sugar20,
My initial question for you is are you on daily oral contraceptives? Oral contraceptives are most effective when taken on a daily basis at approximately the same time each day. Just for future reference I would strong advise against taking 4 tablets at once. It is my understanding that Plan B is approximately 90% or so effective when taken within a 72 hour timeframe. It is next to impossible to state yes or no to the question of pregnancy. If your next cycle doesn't arrive when expected a pregnancy test should provide clarification.
Best wishes.
Sincerely,
Theresa Jones, RN
 spun_sugar20 - Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:01 pm

No, I was on the pill for a while after I had my son but I stoped taking it over 2 years ago after my divorce. I have not been in a relationship since then (until now) and I honestly did not expect things to go that far any time soon so I did not go back on the pill. I had 4 left over from the past. Not too long after I had my son a condum broke on my husband and I and as I was only 18 at the time I did NOT want to even chance another baby so soon so I went to the local clinic and was given plan B and was told that it is the exact same thing as taking 5ish birthcontrol pills all at once. So that's what I did when I got home that night. I know that you can't say "no, there's no way you're pregnant" but what I was looking for is if there is a good chance of it or a really slim chance that I'm pregnant. Thanks.
 spun_sugar20 - Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:39 pm

I should also mention that I am taking hcg shots for weightloss. I doubt I can even take a pregnancy test now because it would come up positive because of all the hcg in my system... Would the hce affect the Plan B?

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us