Forum Name: Fertility

Question: Started without a condum and finished with plan b

spun_sugar20 - Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:21 am

I am a 21 year old female who had sex for the first time in 3 years on Friday/Saturday at 12am. I already have a 3 year old... We started without a condum but I made him put one on within 2 minutes of insertion. We finished with the condum on but I know there is such a thing as preejaculatory fluid so I took 4 ortho-cyclene (spelling on that?) pills within 2 hours and Plan B within 18 hours. My last period started on the 25th of October and I have a 30 day cycle. What are the chances I'm pregnant?
 Theresa Jones, RN - Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:24 am

User avatar Hi spun_sugar20,
My initial question for you is are you on daily oral contraceptives? Oral contraceptives are most effective when taken on a daily basis at approximately the same time each day. Just for future reference I would strong advise against taking 4 tablets at once. It is my understanding that Plan B is approximately 90% or so effective when taken within a 72 hour timeframe. It is next to impossible to state yes or no to the question of pregnancy. If your next cycle doesn't arrive when expected a pregnancy test should provide clarification.
 spun_sugar20 - Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:01 pm

No, I was on the pill for a while after I had my son but I stoped taking it over 2 years ago after my divorce. I have not been in a relationship since then (until now) and I honestly did not expect things to go that far any time soon so I did not go back on the pill. I had 4 left over from the past. Not too long after I had my son a condum broke on my husband and I and as I was only 18 at the time I did NOT want to even chance another baby so soon so I went to the local clinic and was given plan B and was told that it is the exact same thing as taking 5ish birthcontrol pills all at once. So that's what I did when I got home that night. I know that you can't say "no, there's no way you're pregnant" but what I was looking for is if there is a good chance of it or a really slim chance that I'm pregnant. Thanks.
 spun_sugar20 - Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:39 pm

I should also mention that I am taking hcg shots for weightloss. I doubt I can even take a pregnancy test now because it would come up positive because of all the hcg in my system... Would the hce affect the Plan B?