Doctors Lounge - Fertility Answers

"The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Fertility Answers List

Forum Name: Fertility

Question: Infertile male...

 Heartache1 - Thu Nov 22, 2007 3:47 pm

38 yr old male - I have always been infertile due to underdeveloped testes (reasons unknown) and a while ago I read an article about possible future treatment of this condition using sperm stem cells. I wanted to know if there are any organisations in the UK (or anywhere else for that matter!) that could use someone like me for research and testing in this area?? For info...I am able to produce fluid upon ejaculation (sperm count zero), as far as I am aware I am the only one in my family history to suffer from this condition and I am not taking any medication at present. Any help and suggestions would be immensely appreciated.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:57 pm

User avatar Hi Heartache1,

I did a brief search on this and was able to find some early work on stem cells for infertility that showed some promise in animals; however, I did not find any research showing applications in men yet. I am not aware of ongoing studies at this point.

There may be some out there but I'm not aware of any.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us